10,000 drops stuck in escrow?

Put 10,000 drops in escrow yesterday to finish at about 2:00 PM EST 1/15/18.

I then did an escrow finish transaction today. Got a success. Refreshed ripple charts. It showed .01 still in escrow.

Looked through the response again. In the "engine_results_message" it says "Target a count does not exists". But copying and pasting the account shows that it is in existence.

Does someone understand what went wrong?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Socrates said:

Mind sharing what the issue was?

Sure. I did not have the right number of the sequence line in the code. Once I got that right, it worked.

Interesting note:

1. I think I was charged a fee for each failed transaction (which makes sense. Each transaction that put on the ledger comes with a tiny fee).

2. After the wrong coding going through 2 times I got and ever the next time, which I wasn't charged for. Maybe as a safety net to prevent excessive fees for nothing (as this did not go on the ledger) ???

43 minutes ago, benstr said:

What are you testing your code for ?

Simple.

You can say that you'll hold for 5 years. Chances are extreamly low that the vast majority of people will do this.

With the escrow feature, you can lock away a certain amount of your xrp for 5 year (can be any amount of time), so if XRP reaches - lets say - $100 in 3 months, then you know that you still have more XRP in five years, when it will probably be worth much more.

There are many reasons someone may want to do this, and there are other reasons for escrow, but these are mine.

1 minute ago, benstr said:

lol...it's design for people that lack self-control. I get it.

Its not designed for a specific one use. Its a tool, and yes, it can also be used by people who are wise enough to be realistic with themselves.

Look at the history of wallets, people sell; even those who've been in it since the beginning. Life happens. Rents need to be paid. Loans need to be paid back.

It is normal for someone who makes $50,000 a year to cash out when his holdings reach a million dollars. Would you blame him?

Sometimes we have to be realistic. Its easy to talk big now. 

11 minutes ago, hesque said:

I managed to do 4.5 years of HODLING> :)

Congrats to you!

I wish I would have know about XRP 4.5 years ago.

You will sell one day. Right? And you could get much more money for it if you would sell 5 years after the time you will actually end up selling. Think about it...

42 minutes ago, hesque said:

After this spike, I was meaning to learn how to use the escrow feature. Maybe you can put a tutorial together for us folks who are not as technical. @Ctrl-Z?

Not sure if I'd feel comfortable. I just completed my first escrow and escrowfinish. I didn't want to even try it on my own, but I didn't see any other option. Maybe if I get more familiar with it down the line...

@Ctrl-Z I’m sorry you are having issues getting the escrow transaction to process. It can be challenging and simple mistakes can cost you big time. Something as simple as a time conversion error can inadvertently set your expiration date for decades in the future making it impossible to withdraw funds for 20-30 years. (I recently read about someone making this mistake and locking their funds until 2048)

For anyone not interested in experimenting with code or risking a transaction failure, we at Secure Block Chains have created Reservoir Lite. We have a 100% success rate with processing XRP Escrow transactions, the process takes no technical skill and can be completed in less than a minute from start to finish.

You set your escrow expiration date using our online form and then use your desktop wallet to send the funds to escrow. We do charge a 0.25% fee to process that transaction, but it is a very small price to pay for the convienance and security of our platform.

If you have any questions about the platform comment here and I will answer them or email daniel.carroll@secureblockchains.com

Edited by SBC-Daniel
18 hours ago, Ctrl-Z said:

Sure. I did not have the right number of the sequence line in the code. Once I got that right, it worked.

Interesting note:

1. I think I was charged a fee for each failed transaction (which makes sense. Each transaction that put on the ledger comes with a tiny fee).

2. After the wrong coding going through 2 times I got and ever the next time, which I wasn't charged for. Maybe as a safety net to prevent excessive fees for nothing (as this did not go on the ledger) ???

Thank you for sharing, much appreciated.