trollstation

i lost 6000 dollars

22 hours ago, trollstation said:

How is it that not a single XRP investor can explain in a single sentence how they even expect the price of XRP to go up much? 

Speculation & Manipulation, 2 words, not a sentence, sorry :)

This is the way I see ripple/xrp.

Think of Xcurrent as a music subscription and XRP as a device that will make the enjoyment of your music better. You don’t need XRP to make Xcurrent work but it will be silly not to use it as they were made for one another. (Think Apple Music and iPhone/iPad)

Ripple will only ever make 100B XRP that they have committed to sell 1B at the most every month for the foreseeable future. (Hence it frustrate me sometimes for people to say that ripple is worth hundred of billions. It’s like saying Apple is worth a hundred trillion dollar because of all the products it will sell in the future). Currently there are about 40B XRP in the open market. If it’s not because of speculation, you will need 400 million to increase XRP by 1 cent. 

For the price of XRP to go up, you really need to wait for the 55B in escrow to be exhausted first as big FI and banks buy XRP directly from ripple and not from the open market. Only after that will FI and bank start buying from the open market which will push the price up. In the best case scenario, that ripple will sell all 1B every month for the next 55 months, you will be waiting for roughly 5 years before the price explode. 

The price of XRP does not affect the big banks/FI that much as long as they have enough holding to perform a transaction. If the price of XRP is say 100 USD, they will only need 10 thousand XRP to move 1 million USD compared to 200 thousand XRP if it was priced at 2. They just have to hold enough value in XRP to facilitate the largest transfer they deal with as they will buy back the XRP in a matter of 4 seconds. Volatility hurts them as if the price of XRP drop, they will have to buy more xrp till they reach the transactional value.

Hence we are in a dilemma. if the price of XRP goes up, the longer it will take for the 55B in escrow to be consumed and the longer we have to wait for our lambos. If the price of XRP goes down, the banks/FI will have to buy up more to enable large transfer hence going through the escrow faster and we will have our moon landing earlier. 

So if you are looking for a quick buck, stay till the next partnership announcement. If you are looking for lambos, I suggest doing something else with your life while waiting for the next 5-10 years. 

On 1/14/2018 at 3:53 AM, trollstation said:

lets be fXXXcking honest with ourselves we dont believe in the "technology" we really ******* want fast $$gains 

I think you speak for yourself pal. If you don't believe in the product, I think you need to pack up your bag now and get the hell out now instead of waiting for it to hit $3.50 for who knows the next leg might be $.50 down as much as $1.50 up.

From my point of view he is right. The complete market was a playground for big players who toyed with the average Joe. I am myself a big investor, bigger then him. I will not hold because I now see things differently. The only winners are the ones who invested in the top ten in Jan. 2017 and earlier. 

This is a well planed game. When i hear someone speaking about decentralization and making financial transactions without the fiat on day to day use I understand what a mirage is.

I respect the people from XRPchat, and the honest people who invested both for fast and long term profit. 

But, like I said, if you can recover 80% from your initial investment, do it. And if you don't want to miss out on potential spike, save a few. But have your hard earn cash in mind and understand that your paradigm is totally different and maybe opposed in regards to the big decision makers.  

On 14/01/2018 at 9:16 AM, trollstation said:

No one seems to be able to answer a basic question here.

If banks and other companies can buy millions, billions of XRP directly from the company at a discount , regardless of market price, how do you expect the price of XRP to moon? 

100 000 000 000 coins ...just think about that .

1 000 000 000 coins released from escrow every month 

You seem to have done your research.....so why on earth did you buy in the first place?

I hope to GOD it goes over three fifty usd thats where i bought most of my coins, I will sell all my xrp when it gets to 3.50 again and never look at these again 

lets be fXXXcking honest with ourselves we dont believe in the "technology" we really ******* want fast $$gains 

why the f did you buy at the top? XRP had its day in the sun and you should have known it was overbought. And if you're so concerned over supply then why did you buy it..

we dont believe in the "technology" we really

trollstation -- No.. this technology is the main reason I'm investing in this space. Making money is of course my incentive. Otherwise I would not be involved.

24 minutes ago, xrp_is_love_xrp_is_life said:

You loose only when you sell. Just HODL.

Exactly! Your INVESTMENT may be down in value but as long as you haven't sold you didn't lose anything. You will be fine.

Edited by Dymac

On 1/14/2018 at 4:07 AM, trollstation said:

Don't lie to yourself to feel different from 99 percent of investors, you only bought XRP because you wanted fast gains

I prefer 'fast gains' but I also have a primary criteria -- that is hold until Ripple has either established itself in the payment space or fail it trying. So I had to give up 'fast gains' ie hold and sit through the ups & downs.  This is what is called investing. I had not desire to trade this thing.

i see zero arguments here that convince me to abandon xrp.  I see opinion and i see conjecture.  Some fact.  But another fact is nobody knows whats going to be a year from now.  Id rather hold, say i lost however many $K if it craters, and at least look back and say i TRIED, then pull out, watch it skyrocket later, and kick myself because i got scared when we got a little bumpy.

If you feel the need to SODL, thats your prerogative.  You dont need to continually tell us about it.  

Best of luck.

On 1/14/2018 at 4:11 AM, trollstation said:

I just don't see it going above much as it has 100 billion

Mistake to put a number (target).  Don't put a limit on how far XRP something will go upward. Hint: did anyone think when Bitcoin was $3,800 would go to $19,000?

When ETH was at $560 I thought it was expensive. Yes, it's fully priced. Nope it grinded higher toward $1300+. Now did anyone think ETH would give it all back in a few days. 

On 1/14/2018 at 4:29 AM, trollstation said:

I wanted fast gains. 

trollstation - This is going to be sound advice. If you wanted 'fast gains', you should've research, practice  on time your trades. Learn how the market is being utilize to run up prices. This takes a bit of hard work. No work -- no pay.