Ctrl-Z

How do I put XRP in escrow?

10 minutes ago, Ctrl-Z said:

There are a lot of scenarios that it is important for. Example, XRP hits $100 in two months, will you be able to hold yourself back from selling all your XRP? I'm not sure about myself. Second, you may really need the money one day, but still believe it is better to stay invested. Escrow can help with that. Its easy to say you'll hold, but when the price shoots up or when the FUDmen start intruding, then you may feel very different.

@Coin_Hound, I don't drunk myself. :mellow::)

@eksarpi, are you going to check out the resivor app? I thought it was still under development. It is exactly what I need, but what to get some others opinion on if it is secure.

@LordVetinari, @Live4xrp, do you think it is secure to use? 

I will be asking in the more technical section of XRP chat their opinion.

Ask @Di3twaterIt's his baby. 

22 minutes ago, Ctrl-Z said:

@eksarpi, are you going to check out the resivor app? I thought it was still under development. It is exactly what I need, but what to get some others opinion on if it is secure.

Yes! what I need too in term of functionalities but I wonder if there is a open source version more distributed  and transparent (i.e. like minimalist client).

1 minute ago, eksarpi said:

Yes! what I need too in term of functionalities but I wonder if there is a open source version more distributed  and transparent (i.e. like minimalist client).

Im in middle of checking out this discussion with the developer.

It seems that you prefund an account in the app and from there you provide the address it will go to. It seems that once it is set up, you should be able to see the escrow on the ledger, so at that point you would know its secure.

7 minutes ago, RippleHerToShreds said:

If you are a hodler and then decide to sell (at any price), then surely you are simply a closet "fudder"? You will never sell if you are a true hodler!
That's what makes me laugh at all the "fud-flammers" in here - they are simply in the closet!

I'll quote you "never sell." Are you serous? You will never sell?!

The answer is that you will sell when the price reaches a point you believe is big enough for you.

It is easy to talk big now, but when your holdings reach a point that exceed any amount of money you would have dreamt of holding at any given time, then that would be quite a different story.

Another realistic possibility, which you may or may not be able to refer to, is when you have many expenses and you have nowhere else to pull the money from. What do you do then?

Its not being a fudder it is being realistic.

Perhaps I should have used "if you are an anti-fud hodler" instead of hodler.

In this case, another word for realism is FUD. Why sell if you do not have FUD?

Don't get me wrong - nothing wrong with setting a target sell price, but just no need to flame every "negative" post as FUD

Edited by RippleHerToShreds

25 minutes ago, RippleHerToShreds said:

Perhaps I should have used "if you are an anti-fud hodler" instead of hodler.

In this case, another word for realism is FUD. Why sell if you do not have FUD?

Don't get me wrong - nothing wrong with setting a target sell price, but just no need to flame every "negative" post as FUD

It is nothing to do with FUD. It has all to do with someone financial situation. Some people need the money, and they needed it six months ago when they first got in, so not everyone has the luxury to wait as long as they would like. Perhaps they didn't even really have the luxury to purchase it to begin with.

To write the escrow code yourself is complicated and risky. One mistake and you will find yourself locking access to your zerps forever. 

I have a large part of mine locked in a Nano S which is at a safe location abroad.

I'd rather escrow my fiat so that I don't buy more XRP :)

@Ctrl-Z Reservoir will definitely help you. We never ask for your secret at any point in the process and provide all the information you need to monitor and verify the creation of the escrow. In the case of Reservoir we do store your fulfillment so there is no risk of you loosing it and not having the ability to release your XRP in the future. We are currently working on a minimalist site that will allow you to create an escrow without having to have an account on Reservoir. This will be for those that would rather have the responsibility of securing their fulfillment instead of relying on a third party, think shape shift but for escrow. I'm sorry that I was not able to respond to you sooner, development on Reservoir is very active so I am not always able to respond right away. You can always message me if you have anymore questions and follow us on twitter to stay up to date on everything we are doing as updates will come there first.

Twitter     

Edited by Di3twater