Jump to content
xrpwizard

Crypto (and xrp) due a correction as we enter the 'fear' phase

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, DrWhoAmI said:

If the TA is correct, I get to buy more zerps for my money for awhile. 

If the TA is incorrect, my investment in XRP is doing well. 

Win/Win

Exactly my mentality. I'll buy more on the dip at a discount and if I'm wrong my existing zerps will flourish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I'm sorry, but you can take that bubble cycle graph and find correlations with any price chart, at any time frame. It's deceptive and often causes noobs to panic, so perhaps it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I remember seeing this chart alot back in 2016 when ETH hit $20 then pulled back to $10.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sneaks said:

I'm sorry, but you can take that bubble cycle graph and find correlations with any price chart, at any time frame. It's deceptive and often causes noobs to panic, so perhaps it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I remember seeing this chart alot back in 2016 when ETH hit $20 then pulled back to $10.

 

That's why it's a cyclical graph. ETH did exactly that, it hit $20, pulled back to $7, stagnated for a while and then went up again. All I'm saying is we're moving into the stagnation phase IMO. It will repeat again and XRP will go up beyond $3.20 this year, of that I have no doubt. 

 

Edit: Here's an ETH example where my prediction would have been wrong. It's only a one week dip before it rebounded again rather than a prolonged period like I'm forecasting. 

eth.thumb.png.9ecb589475c79a127246699f3d695da5.png

Edited by xrpwizard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
10 minutes ago, xrpwizard said:

Exactly my mentality. I'll buy more on the dip at a discount and if I'm wrong my existing zerps will flourish.

So basically: You still believe it is a worthwhile investment, buying the dips and not selling your existing XRPs. To me, this does not sound like fear at all. Fear would be to be convinced that you will lose, e.g. "**** I have to sell now or I will lose my money forever", and being unable to do so (e.g. all the exchanges platform are temporarily closed).

Why do you believe we are entering in a "fear" phase if that's clearly not what you feel right now?

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Plirf said:

So basically: You still believe it is a worthwhile investment, buying the dips and not selling your existing XRPs. To me, this does not sound like fear at all. Fear would be to be convinced that you will lose, e.g. "**** I have to sell now or I will lose my money forever".

Why do you believe we are entering in a "fear" phase if that's clearly not what you feel right now?

It's market sentiment as a whole, now that of one individual investor. If you have a long term outlook the day to day and week to week price differences make no difference and as such I don't panic dump during my 'fear' phase, instead I recognise it's a good buying opportunity. The market as a whole goes through panic dumping though, that's why it's called panic dumping.

Edited by xrpwizard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My very simple opinion is that people are just holding on waiting to be convinced the correction is over. Every passing day now it's looking more and more like that. It will take very little to spark new growth in a few days if the holding pattern maintains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 minutes ago, xrpwizard said:

It's market sentiment as a whole, now that of one individual investor. If you have a long term outlook the day to day and week to week price differences make no difference and as such I don't panic dump during my 'fear' phase, instead I recognise it's a good buying opportunity. The market as a whole goes through panic dumping though, that's why it's called panic dumping.

Fair enough, however I personally believe that it's actually not that hard to "feel" what the "market" feels. When I'm scared, the prices tank. When I'm feeling ecstatic, the prices go up. Right now, I feel like what @charmaser is saying. It's not "fear" at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, xrpwizard said:

5a5ab168170df_Ripple(XRP)1.98(-4.44)CoinMarketCap2018-01-1402-23-56.thumb.png.005700db8cbe1cf8b508fbae314095f3.pngFor me 

Moneygram still made no difference relative to the last two weeks. 

Since we are talking about effect of news. U didnt mention on ur charts about Govt crack down news feom S korea and then step back of government from banning cryptos. They had more significant effect on price of all cryptos including xrp. .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
5 minutes ago, xrpwizard said:

That's why it's a cyclical graph. ETH did exactly that, it hit $20, pulled back to $7, stagnated for a while and then went up again. All I'm saying is we're moving into the stagnation phase IMO. It will repeat again and XRP will go up beyond $3.20 this year, of that I have no doubt. 

 

Edit: Here's an ETH example where my prediction would have been wrong. It's only a one week dip before it rebounded again rather than a prolonged period like I'm forecasting. 

eth.thumb.png.9ecb589475c79a127246699f3d695da5.png

I see what you are saying, I'm not denying that these patterns definitely show up frequently. 

The problem with this chart is the labels are told through a new investor point of view. Which is why it's deceptive and influential on the noobs.

Anybody who has been in this space long enough has seen a thousand of these cycles and we definitely don't scream "NEW PARADIGM!" at every top followed by fear and despair

"Smart money seeing opportunity", "Smart money taking profits" and "Smart money holding long term" could be alternative labels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rchopra said:

Since we are talking about effect of news. U didnt mention on ur charts about Govt crack down news feom S korea and then step back of government from banning cryptos. They had more significant effect on price of all cryptos including xrp. .

Dec 28 South Korea promised to crackdown and Jan 11 they did. The latter had more effect than the former but both appear as blips on the relevant timescale chart. 

 

7 minutes ago, sneaks said:

Anybody who has been in this space long enough has seen a thousand of these cycles and we definitely don't scream "NEW PARADIGM!" at every top followed by fear and despair

"Smart money seeing opportunity", "Smart money taking profits" and "Smart money holding long term" could be alternative labels

Agreed on both accounts but the average crypto 'enthusiast' currently has about 6 weeks of experience it seems at the moment judging by the big influx of new users on the board. The smart money realises the way things work and reacts accordingly, as most veteran users on here have. 

Edited by xrpwizard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are all nuts. 

Crypto still sits at double where it was a month ago. 

XRP up 1000% in that time. 

Q1 2018 will be another massive bull market. Crypto will surpass $1 trillion. 

We will have another dip after every spike and another spike after the dip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never like reading too much into a chart. I think in hindsight you can interpret and argue a lot whilst looking at a chart. Price drives the chart not the other way around.

You can also explain the price movements of the last few weeks by looking at SBI partnerships, Coinbase rumours and 2 household names, profit taking after a spike, CMC debacle, Korean authorities crackdown on exchanges and Moneygram announcement. Each one has had an upward or downward effect

In 12 months we can look at the XRP chart and admire the price rise, look at the scary dips, and hopefully take some nice profits along the way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

 We will have another dip after every spike and another spike after the dip. 

Completely agree. We're bound to have dips after spikes. As long as the overall trend is on upward trajectory we're good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...