r0bertz

Block insane peer?

Is there such a way to do that?

I have this peer in the output of 'rippled peers'

{
            "address" : "52.11.28.194:51235",
            "complete_ledgers" : "5783337 - 5791977",
            "latency" : 46,
            "ledger" : "EE738C2BDE5071CDE8158D661ADE6118A4775D2F73B6485DC6DCD51188C81661",
            "load" : 69,
            "public_key" : "n9KMmZw85d5erkaTv62Vz6SbDJSyeihAEB3jwnb3Bqnr2AydRVep",
            "sanity" : "insane",
            "uptime" : 371,
            "version" : "rippled-0.90.0-b2"
         }

I suspect this peer has to do with my validator's low agreement rate recently.

I have recently set peer max to 10. Not sure if this also contributed to that. I just unset peer max. I will see if it helps.

I recently increased ram from 6g to 8g and disk from 10g to 40g. I didn't set peer max before (and I have unset it now).

I have also recently set node size to small and then tiny.

Previously, with 6G ram 10G disk, Rocks db, medium size, it worked pretty well. Now it looks like this:

https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/validators/nHBTqw7vwjqrSMruoQNYmSXcrBmQHDquG7jgvrsQpurGaVELqdNx

I just set node size to medium again.

Edited by r0bertz

I created another custom metric for how much time (as percentage of uptime) validator stays in each state and created a chart for it.

The chart shows 'syncing' time started to increase 9:27 pm. At the same time, Network inbound traffic and disk write increased, which I guess makes sense.

I will try to create a chart that shows traffic from each host, hopefully that can help me to figure out what the problem really is.

state.png

Sign in to follow this