XRPeteSampras

A Time to Vent

It would have been great to see a casual vid from Brad or Miguel, outlining the significance of the relationship with MoneyGram. Then again, if they're about to drop Western Union and/or Transferwise maybe they're trying not to play favourites, or just saving it up for the home run.

Edited by FunkyGiraffe
spellin

2 hours ago, battered_lifer said:

To be fair, Jesus doesn't have the best track-record when it comes to living up to his goals.

“And Jesus, when he had found a young as$, sat all day thereon (John 12:14).” 

Sigh... :( 

3 hours ago, XRPeteSampras said:

Before I begin, please refrain from posting responses that are akin to, "Just be patient, hodl your XRP and chill and just check back on it in a year.  XRP's fundamentals are strong. Just see this as an opportunity to buy more! Chill out!"

I know all of this already, and I wouldn't be here, nor would I have invested a huge amount of money in XRP at $0.20 if I weren't fully convinced of the superiority of Ripple, the team, the tech, etc., etc.  I am ecstatic about my already-realized returns, and I think this is just the beginning. 

That being said, this thread is only intended to strongly and healthily BLOW OFF STEAM!!!

Please join me in doing so.  It feels good.  

Anyway, Ripple has just released some pretty darn good news.  In fact, it is amazing.  MoneyGram, the second biggest money-transfer company IN THE WORLD is going to be using XRP (A CRYPTOCURRENCY) in their payment flows.  Yes, it is "just" being tested, but anyone with a brain knows this is not only ENORMOUS news for Ripple and XRP, but is a HUGE STEP in legitimacy for the ENTIRE DIGITAL CURRENCY WORLD.  The implications for XRP and Ripple specifically are jaw-dropping.

After the news, XRP had a very nice pump up to about $2.25 or so, then gently drifted back down below $2.00, where it is presently slumbering.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME, CRYPTO WORLD?!?!  ARE YOU TOTAL MORONS?!?!

ptafight.gif.5fa8a6746ca600fb2afa5a54d9171fa7.gif

This isn't the first time that the crypto world has, in my opinion, missed the significance of certain news stories around Ripple.  In the aftermath of the American Express announcement, the XRP market had a lackluster response.  It frustrated us XRPChat members then, too, and prompted me to post the following:

b71bff02fa278ea2d022d927bcecaf8f.thumb.jpg.cb8a93350dc533dbe19df65f50d2bb5c.jpg

This time around, it stings just as much.  The recent news is a HUGE POSITIVE for Ripple, and specifically for XRP usage, and yet the market seems to respond like they've all just undergone lobotomies.  Yes, XRP has recovered from yesterday's lows of around $1.50, but is presently relatively stagnant. 

And it's not like the entire market is stagnant, either.  In fact, at the time of writing, several cryptos in the top 20 are seeing some significant movement in the past 24 hours:

Cardano +22%

Stellar +19%

EOS +24%

Lisk +14%

Why, exactly?  WHY?!?!

Well, to be fair, maybe they've had some news or developments that are even better than Ripple's deal with one of the most gargantuan money-movers in the world.  I'll just do a quick media search of each of those cryptos:

Cardano:

They announced their first official Webcast, coming January 15.

There was an ibtimes.com article wondering about how much they are worth.

They announced a fix that is being tested to help ADA be withdrawn from Binance.

Stellar:

Validators on their network voted to lower the cost of creating accounts.

Pundi X (?) visited their office.

Someone started an ICO using Stellar tech.

EOS:

They are having a "meetup" in Seoul tomorrow

They are saying they have a "special announcement" tomorrow

Lisk:

They've just hired a few new millenials.

They've announced a Lisk "Relaunch" for February 20.

I don't want to belittle anything that's going on with these companies/cryptos.  But just compare any of these things with a partnership with MoneyGram.  If you are an XRP hodler and loyalist, you probably share my frustration.

W......T................F

Please join me in venting.  

I feel for you brother.  I've been holding since 6 cents.  I have a healthy bag of xrp and been biting my nails for over a year watching my friends get wealthy from all these random coins.  I never understood why ripple gets so much good, real news, but never moved.

Many times i thought of bailing out, but i've stood my ground, and then I read this and it all makes sense.... total sense:

All of us on here play a small part in the volume of xrp, and we're not gonna see the $10+++ levels until real money comes into play..... which isn't gonna be long.  

After reading the article, i'm hodling till Jan 2019

Face it. XRP is a piece of crap that will "one day" make us a fortune. Maybe.
Ummmmm...your post would not qualify as "venting".....just saying "XRP is a piece of crap" carries no significance without information backing it up, like in the OP.

Just because you have the right to say something doesn't mean you should.

This made me realize something that is very simple... once everyone figures out what XRP is, how it ties in with Ripple, how it's changing so much on various levels, that is when the price shoots through the roof.  

This could be when several established companies come out strong behind it or when it's made extremely clear by an Amazon or Google or whomever that XRP isn't going anywhere and is necessary.

There are many on here who explain what it is, how it works, etc.  Once everyone sees just how powerful this is and how it's far superior to other options, other cryptos, how XRP and Ripple are positioned so that no other company can take its growing market share, and so on, moon time.

Until then my friends... HODL.

I've been holding xrp since July last year. I wish I actually knew about it beforehand. Seeing it basically lay flat when it was the most sound crypto was frustrating. Now here at $2 after awesome news it feels the same way as if it was at .20. Don't get me wrong. I'm sitting on a nice pile ome would consider a "life savings" but it's not where I feel it should be. Xrp is a long haul but it fails in its input to output reward ratio when it comes to news. This isn't Ripples fault per se but instead an irrational, uneducated, and highly manipulated market. Something many of you have said before. I think that xrp' s real value doesn't come until regulation in the U.S. goes live on crypto. No more inside traders or bots to push prices artificially and no more libel being posted against Ripple itself without due process being taken. That's when we'll see Xrp really explode and take it's place. Crypto is a new asset class and will expand the belief of how much "money" is money. #$10000xrp

3 minutes ago, JC83 said:

I've been holding xrp since July last year. I wish I actually knew about it beforehand. Seeing it basically lay flat when it was the most sound crypto was frustrating. Now here at $2 after awesome news it feels the same way as if it was at .20. Don't get me wrong. I'm sitting on a nice pile ome would consider a "life savings" but it's not where I feel it should be. Xrp is a long haul but it fails in its input to output reward ratio when it comes to news. This isn't Ripples fault per se but instead an irrational, uneducated, and highly manipulated market. Something many of you have said before. I think that xrp' s real value doesn't come until regulation in the U.S. goes live on crypto. No more inside traders or bots to push prices artificially and no more libel being posted against Ripple itself without due process being taken. That's when we'll see Xrp really explode and take it's place. Crypto is a new asset class and will expand the belief of how much "money" is money. #$10000xrp

I agree.  Steps governments have made can actually be viewed as really good to legitimize cryptos, even if it's an obvious move to grab tax money after years of attempting to make cryptos illegitimate.

I have this constant feeling/seemingly simple inference, all these talking heads keep talking b/c it hurts their own interests, whether it be Systems like SWIFT or otherwise where people stand to lose quite a bit of fees, leverage and so on.   Many other typing heads are simply BTC lovers, et al.  

5 minutes ago, Morganae23 said:

I agree.  Steps governments have made can actually be viewed as really good to legitimize cryptos, even if it's an obvious move to grab tax money after years of attempting to make cryptos illegitimate.

I have this constant feeling/seemingly simple inference, all these talking heads keep talking b/c it hurts their own interests, whether it be Systems like SWIFT or otherwise where people stand to lose quite a bit of fees, leverage and so on.   Many other typing heads are simply BTC lovers, et al.  

The way its going if you're cashing out more then 100k you'll pay less tax the someone cashing out 50k. So I'm not too concerned about tax.  But you are right that it comes down to personal greed. Crypto is a business at the end of the day and Ripple is the Microsoft to Bitcoins IBM. The succession will come and the fomo will be so great it may break the internet lol. That would be a financial headline I can't wait to see.

Many in the crypto space credit XRP's insane rally from 0.20 to $3.85 to the lock-up finally happening; I used to believe this too but the more I think about it, the more I think otherwise...

Here's why (tin foil hats on): the lockup occurred on 12/6/17, but it wasn't until approximately 1 week later, on 12/12, did our massive rally begin. Why the almost 1 week lag? I remember thinking to myself at the time that it was odd since when the rally began, there was no other news to credit the monstrous growth to except for the lockup occurring a week prior. Leaving me to wonder/speculate at that time, that our monumental rally was largely due to insider trading. The rally was a cue for me to be on the lookout for big news dropping on the horizon. And sure enough news came out regarding SBI's partnership with the Japanese Credit Card companies (announced on 12/27/17), Ripple's partnership with the 3 largest money transferring businesses (01/04/18), and of course MoneyGram (being one of the 3, announced on 1/11/18). if you think about it, that possibly explains why there was no further skyrocketing of the price of XRP after Ripple officially made those announcements because the smart money that wanted to come in, already did. Of course this is all speculation on my part, I have no direct evidence of insider trading, just thought it felt very...odd...add to the fact that the crypto-space is still unregulated, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

On 1/12/2018 at 2:37 PM, Khaleesi said:

@TiffanyHayden

@JoelKatz

@nikb

Ripple needs to form a FUD BUSTER SWAT team

I think you mean an Anti-FUD SQUAD ;)

But regarding the vent, common sense ain't so common and most people will turn a blind eye to facts and follow whatever crap is being said on YouTube. Can't say I'm surprised.