workerX

Spectre / Meltdown

4 hours ago, Xilobyte said:

So once more you are failing yourself. Though it is posted on the network and nothing can really be trusted that is on the internet, I have gone out of my way to inform my customers on who I am and what my location is. I even provide a business registration upon request. And I don't give a rat's *** if you think me or anyone else is a scammer. You are a junior programmer at best and still in school. You likely still live with your mommy. So you go to a couple of wars and come back alive, deal with a bunch of posey wearing opinion having snot nosed kids and then create a corporation or two and I will value your child opinion. Otherwise I am as real as any other service on the internet and certainly reveal much more about myself than any other exchange or storage service on the net. If you knew anything about Counter hacking and Social Hacking you would have known that is already borderline bad as it is, how ever I am fortunate enough to not have a large electronic footprint. Meaning that everytime I put the neighbors garden on my head, I do not take a selfie and post it to social media so I can collect likes.

What the **** did you just ******* say about me, you little *****? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ******* words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ******. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ******* dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable *** off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ******* tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ******* dead, kiddo.

6 hours ago, Sukrim said:

What the **** did you just ******* say about me, you little *****? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ******* words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ******. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ******* dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable *** off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ******* tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ******* dead, kiddo.

Nobody from Seals or any Group talks about Group nor do we talk about anything that we have done. Group members are quiet professionals and are not generally content with the things that they were required to do because of their jobs. We do not talk about our kills as they are or were necessary but still sucks. No honorable Group member talks about his/her history  in general and we certainly do not post it on the internet. That means that you Sir are no Group member. You are Cook or Mechanic support at best. Someone's gotta make the beans. Bring your fury and your spoon and come see me. I will have a stuffed teddy bear waiting just for you.

50 minutes ago, Xilobyte said:

Nobody from Seals or any Group talks about Group nor do we talk about anything that we have done. Group members are quiet professionals and are not generally content with the things that they were required to do because of their jobs. We do not talk about our kills as they are or were necessary but still sucks. No honorable Group member talks about his/her history  in general and we certainly do not post it on the internet. That means that you Sir are no Group member. You are Cook or Mechanic support at best. Someone's gotta make the beans. Bring your fury and your spoon and come see me. I will have a stuffed teddy bear waiting just for you.

Thank you for your service. Lets try to keep politics and heated topics at bay here if possible in order to ensure XRPchat remains a safe environment for everyone. 

Alright! A real "from the trenches" story about Spectre/Meltdown: So I'm embedding the wabt webasm interpreter in a personal project, point it at some random wasm code in the binaryen source tree (test), and get some errors.

unexpected false: Atomic operation (atomics are disabled), on
[i32] (i64.wait
 [i32] (get_local $0)
 [i64] (get_local $1)
 [i64] (get_local $1)
)

okay so I look that up and I get this: https://github.com/tc39/security/issues/3

Which is about shared array buffers being used to create high precision timers which are needed in Spectre/Meltdown attacks. There is also a discussion about that in the V8 group as well. So guess what? Chrome and Nodejs. Lovely.

Anyway. Smart contracts are going to present an enormous hacking opportunity, however you implement them, because of stuff like the above, and the fact that there is real money involved. Ethereum's EVM: I don't understand why they want to use their own VM. Much better to use something that is widely used and supported, like webassembly or javascript or or java or any other VM that is widely used. The two projects will both benefit from each other. However I'm not going to go sign up on the Ethereum discussion group and post questions like that. They probably have a long list of reasons why the EVM is best for security.