tulo

Issue fixed amount IOUs and keep transaction fees.

Just now, Sukrim said:

https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/transactions/64F03B01D76747CAFCA686F26387C4804BF56148E6F2E02A69B3DCD81D60A2B7 was only between 2 accounts, so there was no outgoing flow... this is just a redemption, not a transfer of funds using an IOU.

How is that different? It's always a flow of funds. I'm confused :mellow:
Why qualityIn works only between 2 accounts?

QualityOut would jump in if you are not present at the time of the transaction to modify your "worth" of that IOU (e.g. I value USD.PayPal only at 0.5 while I value USD.Bitstamp at 1.0).

If you are already sending a payment right now (e.g. I want to send 50 USD.PayPal), you already know what you are doing and the amounts involved, you don't need to mdoify these amounts automatically (I want to send 50 USD.PayPal after all, not 100).

1 minute ago, Sukrim said:

QualityOut would jump in if you are not present at the time of the transaction to modify your "worth" of that IOU (e.g. I value USD.PayPal only at 0.5 while I value USD.Bitstamp at 1.0).

If you are already sending a payment right now (e.g. I want to send 50 USD.PayPal), you already know what you are doing and the amounts involved, you don't need to mdoify these amounts automatically (I want to send 50 USD.PayPal after all, not 100).

You see it is not that easy :) This is not documented anywhere.

So I don't get where qualityOut can be used, since I'm always involved in payments. Unless it's rippling, but you can achieve the same result by putting the qualityIn of the other line different. So it's a useless parameter. Or am I wrong?

No, QualityIn is for incoming rippling transactions, QualityOut for outgoing ones. It is documented on that wiki page, there are some discussions on the official forum and it is also easier to understand if you are not considering the gateway model, but something closer to Ripple Classic aka. community credit.