Exarpee

Moneygram & the domino effect.

Hi all, 

I'm a long-time silent follower of XRP Chat. Love the site & wanted to share my thoughts on the Moneygram announcement.

Imho it wont be long before a whole line of International Transfer co's get onboard with trials too. Expect more announcements soon! Interesting article below on Moneygram's scale and importance within their industry. Gives a good indication as to potential money flows too...

https://www.saveonsend.com/blog/moneygram-money-transfer/

Agree. Also, we now have to wonder if maybe one (or more) of MoneyGrams competitors is already ahead of them and will be ready to go live with XRapid & XRP.  Is MoneyGram leading the pack or playing catch up?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Good point RubenP. Brad Garlinghouse tweeted a week or so ago that 3 of top 5 global money transfers are def trialling in 2018. Who's first to market (proper) and how soon will be interesting. Moneygrams trial is quoyed as 'open-ended' after all. Its the effect that it will have on customers thats most exciting and the subsequent impact on those slow adopters in horizontal markets.

It's also nice to see confirmation of intention to use XRP rather than just (just!) Ripple Tech.

For me there is still a point of risk around the need for XRP as the bridging currency for banks (again rather than just Ripple tech) so every real world example supporting it is great news. 

2018's gonna be fun!