No1butsum1

Is Momeygram a household name?

Is the recent announcement of the Moneygram partnership considered to be one of the household names we were expecting?

I feel that there is little clarity with these announcements and that leads to uncertainty with buyers as they are still waiting for big names. In my opinion, the news is not as impactful as it could be....

Edited by No1butsum1

BG probably doesn't want to show his cards. I'm sure many things are in the works. I don't know if MG is a household name. I'm in the US and I hadn't previously heard of it, but it's also not a service I would look to use. 

My understanding is that the ‘2 household names’ was not an announcement, but was an offhand comment by Joel Katz that everyone has blown completely out of proportion. 

I am very happy to have MoneyGram on board

I think it is a massive step...don' get me wrong. I am just not sure if people see this as a diluted message/announcement. People buy with news...are they waiting for BIG news still...Is this the big news? I think it is a huge step...not sure if the masses on Twitter Do?

6 minutes ago, No1butsum1 said:

I think it is a massive step...don' get me wrong. I am just not sure if people see this as a diluted message/announcement. People buy with news...are they waiting for BIG news still...Is this the big news? I think it is a huge step...not sure if the masses on Twitter Do?

I agree and I would love it not to be one of the household names! Trust me

I just get frustrated that people pin their hopes and dreams to rumours and offhand comments which causes the price to rise, then we see massive sell offs when they don’t eventuate (e.g Coinbase) 

I'm almost positive all CVS's go through MG for sending money through CVS's. Not sure if it has changed over the past few years but I know about three years ago it was MG. Not sure why it'd change. 

That being said, CVS is somewhat of a household name in the United States so it could maybe find a way out that way. 

My thinking is that MoneyGram is just 1 out of 3 "global money transfer companies", with still 2 more to be announced.

I don't think this has anything to do with the 2 household names, because if I remember correctly Joel said "non financial institution".. 

Also I don't know if I would consider MoneyGram as a household name..

Either way I'm SUPER excited about this, because as others have said, this means competitors of MoneyGram must be looking for a partnership with us as well. Who could be next? TransferWise, Western Union? Hmmmm only Ripple employees know I guess:beach: