XRP will at $5

The 50 percent decline of Ripple's XRP token from the record highs may have strengthened the bears, but chart analysis indicates further downside may be limited.

As per data source OnChainFX, the world's third-largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization has depreciated by 16.85 percent in the last 24 hours. As of writing, XRP is trading at $1.88 levels.

Part of the price drop from $3.36 to $2.07 witnessed on Monday can attributed to data provider CoinMarketCap's unannounced decision to exclude three Korean exchanges, causing its global average to suddenly drop. The resulting selloff came to halt after the change in average calculation methodology became public, allowing for a partial recovery in the XRP price to $2.46.

However, the relief was short-lived. XRP fell below $2.00 yesterday and hit a 12-day low of $1.71 today.

The decline in prices over the last 48 hours highlights the bearish undertone across the wider crypto markets.

Stellar lumens has dropped by 15 percent over a 24 hour period; NEM and cardano are down 13 percent and 15 percent, respectively; while TRON has lost a hefty 24 percent in value.

Fighting the trend, the top performer is ether (ETH), which hit a new all-time high of $1,417 today. ETH has gained around 11 percent over 24 hours.

Still people forget it is all tech which has no practical use case YET. Once companies start actually using crypto we will see enormous gains.

It's not a populair opinion but the whole crypto market is being pumped because people think they are going to miss out on their own lamborghini.

Maybe we will hit $5,- but it will be unstable untill crypto is more accepted.

25 minutes ago, Virunga said:

Still people forget it is all tech which has no practical use case YET. Once companies start actually using crypto we will see enormous gains.

It's not a populair opinion but the whole crypto market is being pumped because people think they are going to miss out on their own lamborghini.

I have no idea what you mean by no practical use case. MoneyGram literally just today said they'd be utilizing XRP.

22 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

I have no idea what you mean by no practical use case. MoneyGram literally just today said they'd be utilizing XRP.

utilizing XRP in an a pilot. Not production...

yet.

Important distinction people are missing.

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, Freaky said:

utilizing XRP in an a pilot. Not production...

yet.

Important distinction people are missing.

You honestly believe they haven't tested it? The distinction is in the message itself, If it truely was just a 'deminished' pilot, then why did they announce it so big? (MG ia m talking about) What about the price increase in their stock?

This is MASSIVE news, if you like it or not....  

8 minutes ago, MvDeursen said:

You honestly believe they haven't tested it? The distinction is in the message itself, If it truely was just a 'deminished' pilot, then why did they announce it so big? (MG ia m talking about) What about the price increase in their stock?

This is MASSIVE news, if you like it or not....  

It is great news. Dont get me wrong. I have a big stash of XRP, and I got in early. Just trying to bring some balance and keep my feet on the ground. Not launching to the moon in a lambo.

I really hope this will lead to adoption for MoneyGram, and thats when I will really be excited. !

2 hours ago, Virunga said:

This post irritates me. Yes, i'm going to bite. No use case? A handful of posts without, what appears to be, any research done whatsover into what Ripple have achieved during these latest months.

First i'll direct you to this site, you know, Ripple! https://ripple.com/insights/ripplenet-grows-to-over-100-financial-institutions/ Here is where it clearly states that Cuallix is now actively using the xRapid solution which utilises XRP as a liquidity tool. Not enough for you? How about MoneyGram partnering with Ripple today to utilise XRP for payment transactions? I'm sure you've heard that story?

Do some research and then come back and we can talk.

1 minute ago, cuber said:

This post irritates me. Yes, i'm going to bite. No use case? A handful of posts without, what appears to be, any research done whatsover into what Ripple have achieved during these latest months.

First i'll direct you to this site, you know, Ripple! https://ripple.com/insights/ripplenet-grows-to-over-100-financial-institutions/ Here is where it clearly states that Cuallix is now actively using the xRapid solution which utilises XRP as a liquidity tool. Not enough for you? How about MoneyGram partnering with Ripple today to utilise XRP for payment transactions? I'm sure you've heard that story?

Do some research and then come back and we can talk.

Just bite the newbies - VOFF - VOFF - VOFF - lets scare them off into the Library of knowledge. And stand Guard outside, to get the, granted to be released into the Real World.

VOFF?

5 minutes ago, zenkert said:

Just bite the newbies - VOFF - VOFF - VOFF - lets scare them off into the Library of knowledge. And stand Guard outside, to get the, granted to be released into the Real World.

VOFF?

That's what i feel like i've been doing lately, fighting FUD. Everyone's heard of the Foo Fighters. We should form a team named the FUD Fighters but we need a logo.

Hang on, i know of a guy. @Talented_Mr_Rippler Any chance you can knock something up with your superior design skills :)

Guys calm DOWN!!! What we are seeing are the weak hands and all the FUD taking its course, its not only XRP but the entire market is dipping with the FUD which happens many times. Eventually the FUD will clear and what is left is the truth and that is Money Gram and others will ride the XRP train. Be Patient and HODL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, XRPMoonMan said:

Guys calm DOWN!!! What we are seeing are the weak hands and all the FUD taking its course, its not only XRP but the entire market is dipping with the FUD which happens many times. Eventually the FUD will clear and what is left is the truth and that is Money Gram and others will ride the XRP train. Be Patient and HODL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always patient and always HODLing. No worries there my friend.

Man why the hate. The poster is just saying the tech isn’t widely accepted/used yet. Which it isnt.. And everyone on here should be pretty damn glad it isn’t. You all make us seem like there are all these uses. If that’s the case, we’re puttered out.  1.80 and no where to go. No new news, no new partnerships. Like it or not, things are still in the infancy/adoption stage. That’s not an insult, it’s the truth. We are having speed, but still have a long way to go, that’s even according to ripple. Anything short of how wonderful and earth shattering xrp is gets everyone butthurt. Well if the news is so amazing, why are we nearing the 1.80? If this news is so huge, and the tech is 100% and fully adopted, we all would be having “civic dreams” not Lambo....lol