Scary, hope that other countries will not follow S. Korea

Andy_79

24 minutes ago, Andy_79 said:

It was speculated that 2018 could become much bigger than 2017. But if many countries might start to ban crypto exchanges like S. Korea, I`m deeply worried.

It's unknown territory so of course knee jerk reaction is expected.  It might also be a heavy handed response by South Korea, which other countries might try to avoid since spooking the market might actually cause the liquidation losses for innocent folks that they are trying to protect by implementing regulations.

I fully expect XRP to fall into the realm of FI/banking utility usage and as such would likely be exempt from any ban beyond the exchanges that common citizens use.

Markets are normally reactionary to news like this, and with it being such a young market and not having the type of investors that you see with other markets, it's subject to high volatility.

I personally see regulation as a good thing. It'll help in the long run. Short term, its gunna be bumpy