This doesn’t sound like a raid

FEE00377-0BCE-498C-B5E4-F76317BBCA02.thumb.png.5a2af26771a384ed2e636c703d355671.png

“asked by the tax officials to disclose paperwork and thing.” Raid?

All of Korea’s moves reflect those of a government that is bringing crypto into the mainstream financial system through regulation. Why pass regulation disallowing anonymous crypto accounts, just like the US just passed, if you’re going to ban it altogether? Why are they checking that 6 banks have their KYC and AML processes in place in relation to crypto exchanges? Why are Japan, Korea and China collaborating on cryptocurrency regulation? You don’t need international cooperation to ban crypto in your country...

Certainly doesn’t make it sound as the headlines suggest. I see these as positive developments. Time will tell.

2 hours ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

FEE00377-0BCE-498C-B5E4-F76317BBCA02.thumb.png.5a2af26771a384ed2e636c703d355671.png

“asked by the tax officials to disclose paperwork and thing.” Raid?

All of Korea’s moves reflect those of a government that is bringing crypto into the mainstream financial system through regulation. Why pass regulation disallowing anonymous crypto accounts, just like the US just passed, if you’re going to ban it altogether? Why are they checking that 6 banks have their KYC and AML processes in place in relation to crypto exchanges? Why are Japan, Korea and China collaborating on cryptocurrency regulation? You don’t need international cooperation to ban crypto in your country...

Certainly doesn’t make it sound as the headlines suggest. I see these as positive developments. Time will tell.

Damn I’m good...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/pamelaambler/2017/12/12/south-korea-is-not-banning-bitcoin-trade-financial-regulators-clarify/#6e57c3bb1427

Forbes: South Korea Is Not Banning Bitcoin Trade, Financial Regulators Clarify

Just now, Tehol_Beddict said:

Damn I’m good...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/pamelaambler/2017/12/12/south-korea-is-not-banning-bitcoin-trade-financial-regulators-clarify/#6e57c3bb1427

Forbes: South Korea Is Not Banning Bitcoin Trade, Financial Regulators Clarify

Your good and also late.  That Dec article was discussed.  This latest talk of ban is new.

16 minutes ago, 1todd960 said:

Your good and also late.  That Dec article was discussed.  This latest talk of ban is new.

Well.... in the articles they speak about “financial regulators” (in mid december) and “local police” (yesterday). For me the two have very different weight (much more financial regilators) and it seems a little bit strange that in less than a month they completely cahanged their mind afrer making a public declaration... it smells my friends, it smells.