MooseInTime

Let's be nice to leavers

the lower the price the more reason banks have a reason to buy such a great asset as XRP is how I see it and more XRP coming for me tommorrow pay day as well so im stoked for all these panic sellers

4 minutes ago, John_Buh said:

Brad is 100% correct not to respond to market gyrations.  Stick to the mission and keep 

the vision clear - the rewards will follow.

Do you have the feeling that these "I just sold" threads are written by younger people?

I guess age helps not bothering too much.

15 minutes ago, xrpwizard said:

I bought in from $0.007 to $1.50, no stress regarding this flat period. It's happened before and it will happen again, only for some people it's their first pullback.

Regarding silence from Ripple, Brad has openly stated he doesn't care about the price of XRP for the next three years and that Ripple aren't trying to influence the price at all. As such they won't comment on the current price, the same position they've always had. 

Instead of throwing your toys out of the cot and selling as soon as there's a dip take advice from those who have seen this a dozen times before (including me) and HODL. It will bounce back and XRP is a solid long term play. 

Thank you for this. Not often people on here invested as early as you. It's reassuring to hear you're still in this for the long game, despite the profits you could have taken just a few days back :) I'm also holding long-term and never intended to pull out, but just good to get this perspective

7 minutes ago, teddybear said:

Do you have the feeling that these "I just sold" threads are written by younger people?

Can hardly blame them, really - look at the mess they were born into.  Everything with them is minute to minute. Ever try to

tell a long joke to a group of 20-somethings?  The phones come out, the eyes glaze, lots of fidgeting.

9 minutes ago, teddybear said:

For sure age. I have part of my stack on etoro and they've got this facebook like feed. It's such an immature bunch of people there (mostly). Thing is full of spartans and to the moon pictures and people who don't even understand the most basics of trading. I am sure lots of them have sold amidst the panic of the past days. 

I personally believe you should only invest money you can afford to lose. If I lose my investment, I won't be happy but it's bearable. Don't put your entire live savings in it. I don't think I could handle that either... I have heard of people taking extra mortgages to buy more bitcoin... that's a rather risky undertaking. 

2 minutes ago, John_Buh said:

Can hardly blame them, really - look at the mess they were born into.  Everything with them is minute to minute. Ever try to

tell a long joke to a group of 20-somethings?  The phones come out, the eyes glaze, lots of fidgeting.

27 is 20-something, too.

Ouch.... that's a bad resumée for my generation.

What's your age?

1 minute ago, DQA said:

For sure age. I have part of my stack on etoro and they've got this facebook like feed. It's such an immature bunch of people there (mostly). Thing is full of spartans and to the moon pictures and people who don't even understand the most basics of trading. I am sure lots of them have sold amidst the panic of the past days. 

I personally believe you should only invest money you can afford to lose. If I lose my investment, I won't be happy but it's bearable. Don't put your entire live savings in it. I don't think I could handle that either... I have heard of people taking extra mortgages to buy more bitcoin... that's a rather risky undertaking. 

Thx.

Question: Etoro? Don't they just do CFDs?

Re the mortgages: I was so convinced, I took a loan to buy XRP. My leverage is 1:4

But... I didn't buy at 1$ either.

2 minutes ago, teddybear said:

Thx.

Question: Etoro? Don't they just do CFDs?

Re the mortgages: I was so convinced, I took a loan to buy XRP. My leverage is 1:4

But... I didn't buy at 1$ either.

No, since September they apparently do real crypto. You just cannot move it. They are saying they are working on a wallet, but I doubt that will ever come true as it would harm their business model. In any case, I had no other choice then to use it last month to profit from the ride up while verifications were pending on all exchanges. 

I personally wouldn't do what you did, but I am glad you are convinced this is a winner. So am I. I just hope that all newcomers think rationally of the solid business case Ripple offers and allow for more time than a mere two weeks to let their investment in Ripple come to fruition. 

1 minute ago, DQA said:

personally wouldn't do what you did, but

Forgot to mention: I'm not married and have no kids, my fix costs total are 35-40% of my salary and the loan is less than 5% of my salary, so all things considered it was a well funded decision.

Just now, DQA said:

@teddybear I am not questioning your decision. I guess my balls are not made out of titanium for taking up too much risk.

All good buddy, I wasn't defending it. More like, agreeing with you that such decisions are really very individual and I am sure you made what seemed right to you.

Yeah... takes balls indeed.