Jump to content

Ripple will likely be a Google or Apple tech giant equivalent in the crypto space!


Recommended Posts

I think 2018 is a year, where the general attention towards Ripple and XRP will shift dramatically.

In the years before, Ripple was regarded as just another "alt coin" by many investors.

But in this year, especially with the upcomming announcements which Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse indicate; the public will notice for the first time, what Ripple truly is:

A new tech giant in the making, an equivalent to Google or Apple in the crypto world!

I expect a further massive inflow of money into XRP and the start of the adoption of xRapid in this year.

Still, it is somewhat speculative of course, but the future of Ripple has never looked brighter to me, in this time, than now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda feel bad for the ripple leadership them. They work so hard and have been facing so much FUD the past few weeks. I guess any revolutionary company/product has had a rough start before the mass media took it seriously. 1-2 years from now we're going to be the ones with the golden eggs in our basket my fellow ripplers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bayarea510 said:

I kinda feel bad for the ripple leadership them. They work so hard and have been facing so much FUD the past few weeks. I guess any revolutionary company/product has had a rough start before the mass media took it seriously. 1-2 years from now we're going to be the ones with the golden eggs in our basket my fellow ripplers!

I don't think they give 2 $hits about FUD, hate on YouTube or those "news" websites that give apocalyptic prophecies about Ripple and XRP. 

Management has a clear vision of where the company is heading and an understanding of what the end result is going to look like. That's what matters to them and should also for us. Those who are in down the long run will prosper. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Investr said:

I don't think they give 2 $hits about FUD, hate on YouTube or those "news" websites that give apocalyptic prophecies about Ripple and XRP. 

Management has a clear vision of where the company is heading and an understanding of what the end result is going to look like. That's what matters to them and should also for us. Those who are in down the long run will prosper. 

I kinda think they do care about the FUD.  Brad dropped the mic on the NY times reporter that was spreading lies and David S and others are fighting the fight on Twitter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 3:22 PM, Zockempire said:

I think 2018 is a year, where the general attention towards Ripple and XRP will shift dramatically.

In the years before, Ripple was regarded as just another "alt coin" by many investors.

But in this year, especially with the upcomming announcements which Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse indicate; the public will notice for the first time, what Ripple truly is:

A new tech giant in the making, an equivalent to Google or Apple in the crypto world!

I expect a further massive inflow of money into XRP and the start of the adoption of xRapid in this year.

Still, it is somewhat speculative of course, but the future of Ripple has never looked brighter to me, in this time, than now.

We are pretty much already there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1todd960 said:

I kinda think they do care about the FUD.  Brad dropped the mic on the NY times reporter that was spreading lies and David S and others are fighting the fight on Twitter.

I agree on that specifically, but i think it very different than a nobody giving investment advise on YouTube to not touch ripple / ripple is a scam etc.

The NYT is an established newspaper that people will see as a reliable source. It's a good thing that report was put in his place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sad, that so many people call Ripple a scam. In fact, I see that there are many other coins out there, which really deserve to be called a scam. But for sure not Ripple. The Ripple team is hard working, to create the best digital asset out there. In my opinion they did succeed with that.
 

Edited by Zockempire
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here two articles from the internet, which imagine us the giantic potential of Ripple's XRP token, if they succeed on a big scale.

https://toughnickel.com/personal-finance/The-Ripple-XRP-Cryptocurrency-Might-Be-a-Big-Winner

Below a link to another article, which speculates how much the price could increase, if we catch up for example to the payment volume of Mastercard or Visa.

https://keepingstock.net/opinion-ripples-price-with-visa-or-mastercard-integration-6e723f7936d5 .

Here a quote from the 2nd article from the net [Bold formatting added for XRP target numbers]:

Of course, these numbers are extremly optimistic, mabye falsely calculated  and see also XRP as a store of value.

We don't know, if that will happen. But who did think, that Ethereum could go to 1400$ two years ago? So, who knows. Maybe even a $100 XRP is not impossible at all.

--

"Interestingly, I could not find a single number that made sense to include in this article because one source says that Mastercard was processing $5.5 trillion in transactions as of 2003 and another source (image above) says 10–years later, in 2013, Mastercard is processing $3.5 trillion — companies do not usually shrink over time, but maybe Visa or other payment processors took some Mastercard volume? I don’t know, but let’s use the $3.5 trillion figure from the image above.

$3,500,000,000,000 ÷ 38,739,144,847 XRP

= $90.35 XRP

If, somehow, Ripple was able to capture all of the value of both Mastercard and Visa processing volume, XRP price might look something like below:

$3,500,000,000,000 + $8,900,000,000,000

= 12,400,000,000,000 ÷ 38,739,144,847 XRP

= $320.09 XRP"

Edited by Zockempire
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you assume processing volume equals coin price?

Why not just take the market cap of MasterCard and Visa and add it to Ripple isn't that much more logical? Yes it is!!

You would get a current valuation of those two companies of $430 billion.

430,000,000,000 / 38xxxx = 11.04

So, maybe a $13 coin price, but realistically xrp will just be a tech used and not assimilate Visa and MC.

I think $5 dollars in 2018.

Edited by jasil
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jasil said:

Why would you assume processing volume equals coin price?

Why not just take the market cap of MasterCard and Visa and add it to Ripple isn't that much more logical? Yes it is!!

You would get a current valuation of those two companies of $430 billion.

430,000,000,000 / 38xxxx = 11.04

So, maybe a $13 coin price, but realistically xrp will just be a tech used and not assimilate Visa and MC.

I think $5 dollars in 2018.

Isn't the cryptocurrency XRP and the company Ripple separated, and therefore you cannot calculate the price of XRP according to the company valuation? Or am I misinterpretating your post?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.