tomkri

The uncomfortable question

On 1/8/2018 at 3:34 AM, tomkri said:

Assuming you have been a hodler for a long time. Your initial investment has grown to a huge amount, it is worth X dollars (X is huge for you).

You have to decide if you are going to sell or keep holding. Maybe you choose to hold. 

Now, imagine you have don't own any XRPs. But you have X dollars in your bank account that is not spoken for. Would you buy XRPs for that huge amount?

I choose to hold my XRPs, but I am not sure I would have bought now for that same amount. I am thinking to myself that I don't need this money now, if all goes to **** life goes on. But this could be my chance to really get ahead. Still, it is an irrational contradiction here. 

Self-manipulation, maybe a positive kind? If I had guts I would also have bought if the money was in my bank account?

It all depends on my financial situation. If I was able to look at my current value as I did my initial investment, absolutely. I still believe XRP will increase and has 10-50x growth in it still. If it was everything I had, then no. 

I struggle with this all the time, since I have savings accounts that are making pennies on the dollar, but not losing value. Do I put more into XRP and risk losing it all for a chance to semi retire young or do the safe thing? It ultimately comes down to how much of a risk taker you are.

On 1/8/2018 at 6:20 AM, PaulKim said:

If anyone could provide any input with their future plans of holding/selling I would definitely be interested.

I have targets in mind that I will sell at.

1) The worst case scenario: XRP starts tanking and dives back under $1. Sell half to recoup my investment (and make a little) and watch the rest intently till $0.50 or it recovers. I do not expect this to happen, but am prepared for it. I will set a low based on the current market price that I will cash out at. While I believe in Ripple, this is a avenue for me to make some money and intend on doing so.

2) Hits $100 USD: sell 25% and pay off the house, take care of what debt I have and make some improvements to the house. I'll let the rest sit and keep an eye on it. Wont be able to retire but may need to make large purchases and would be the way to use it.

3)Hangs around between the 2: If XRP makes a move then stalls for a long period of time (6 months or more) play it by ear. Use it if I need it but don't touch it otherwise.

If you desperately need money for a emergency need, then don't feel bad to cash it out.. 

Anything can happen in the crypto world.. We all have invested in XRP since its the best among others..

I bought X amount of XRP with sell target of 2$.. Later I accumulated more XRP and made X to 2x at 20 cents.. XRP is at 2$ and was even higher but I am getting more greedy and still holding them.. Now I have increased my target to 10$ or 15$ or 20$.. XRP looks promising and it can grow crazy but at some point we need to make a hard decision of selling.. 

I have left that decision to my fate.. I don't need a fancy house or fancy car.. When some emergency comes up and If my savings is not sufficient, I will cash out XRP.. I am going to let my situation decide when I want to sell.. Otherwise all the sell targets are a moving target.. 

Once you start believing XRP and be a true HODLER, you will never sell it.. 

I will hold until I believe xrp is grossly overvalued and have plans worthy of the cashout. I will know that when I see it.

There's nothing wrong with reaping the rewards of making a good decision. If you got here by luck - good luck. Learn all you can.

These guys have taken on a huge mission. They had already gotten so far when I found them. Bet the farm. Would bet again.

On 1/11/2018 at 9:20 AM, jag216 said:

I will hold until I believe xrp is grossly overvalued and have plans worthy of the cashout. I will know that when I see it.

There's nothing wrong with reaping the rewards of making a good decision. If you got here by luck - good luck. Learn all you can.

These guys have taken on a huge mission. They had already gotten so far when I found them. Bet the farm. Would bet again.

How high do you mean "overvalued" ? 

29 minutes ago, MungerMore said:

How high do you mean "overvalued" ? 

Similar to what Bitcoin is atm

The equivalent price of XRP in this situation would be lower i assume. Could be 100$ or 500$.

1 minute ago, icebreath said:

Similar to what Bitcoin is atm

The equivalent price of XRP in this situation would be lower i assume. Could be 100$ or 500$.

To be honesty, $100 really take a long way to go. It will only happen after 20% transactions accept XRP and pass regulations.