Have i missed the XRP boat?

I'm new to investing in crypto, reading about ripple was what made me take an interest in the crypto market.

The price has near doubled since i first started researching it last week, and i read its grown 40000%+ in 2017.

I'm currently sitting on some newly invest bitcoin, aelf and iota (just playing about on binance, learning how it all works) but ripple is the one that truly interests me for the long term.

As someone looking to invest long term (5 year+) , do you think i've missed the boat on this?

Edited by Lee85
6 minutes ago, Lee85 said:

I'm new to investing in crypto, reading about ripple was what made me take an interest in the crypto market.

The price has near doubled since i first started researching it last week, and i read its grown 40000%+ in 2017.

I'm currently sitting on some newly invest bitcoin, aelf and iota (just playing about on binance, learning how it all works) but ripple is the one that truly interests me for the long term.

As someone looking to invest long term (5 year+) , do you think i've missed the boat on this?

Hi there!

It looks like it will rise. 

There is a chance it can reach 300 USD one day. No one really knows but just invest an amount of money that you are cool if you lose one day but also extra cool if one day ripple reaches 300 or more USD :)

The fastest way to get some coins is from ebay but they are sold more than the market value.

Read in this forum how and from where you can buy easily but from what i noticed is that websites that you can buy Ripples from...will keep you waiting for days until they approve your account. Hopefully someone knows a website that will make purchasing easier!

Welcome @Lee85. I would suggest for you to start reading through this https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/ . That will help you make an informed decision about investing in XRP. I would also read through Ripple's website, which also has tons of info.

Finally, I give my advice to be very careful with misinformation that is throughout the interwebs. In the end, only invest what you can afford to lose and invest in what you believe in. Best of luck. 

I did some math earlier today. Entire crypto market cap has grown about 200 billion in a week. In 2017 it grew about 3300 percent (majority of growth happening in last 6 months). If it were to grow that much in 2018 it would be a 19 Trillion market cap which would be 365 billion growth a week. It's not there at 200 billion growth for the first week of 2018. But it's more than half way there. If you assume XRP maintains the same percentage of the crypto market (I don't I expect it to grow), and you assume the XRP coins in circulation  is going to grow by 300 million * 12 (Ripple has used about 300 million coins a month so I suspect they will put 700 million back in escrow, potentially they will put even more back into escrow now that the price per coin gives them more money to play with) you'd be at ~$72 a coin with the same overall crypto marketcap growth as last year. But right now at slightly more than half the same growth as last year I predict XRP will be in the $40-45 range minimum if XRP maintains the current percentage of overall market cap. If it eats up more of the overall crypto market cap percentage (and I expect it will) the price will be much higher and approach the $50-100 range. This means I predict 10-30x growth. But that's just my opinion. Honestly I think if you throw money at any of the top 20 coins now you'll be happy by 2019.