Invest in ALT or More Ripple?

I have some extra funds to invest and would like to know other HODLers opinions.

I'm looking at coins under $1 like siacoin, stellar, digibyte, reddcoin, po.et, tron, dent & burst. 

I'm not diversified as I've been strictly a ripple guy since back in the day and I wonder if I'm not better off just adding a few thousand more ripple.

I'd love to up my zerp count, but also could see some of these coins rising towards a dollar on the coattails of the crypto market. 

With that said, XRP is more established w/ so much promise. It's hard to not think my money isn't better spent sticking with what I know.

Educated thoughts are appreciated! Thanks.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply. Any thoughts on the coins I listed above?

**edit**

I'll just add, if Ripple could hit 3 digits I'd continue w/ Ripple. The problem is, I read the popular sentiment that is its inability to do that bc of # of coins.

Edited by ryanlucci

23 minutes ago, ryanlucci said:

Thanks for the reply. Any thoughts on the coins I listed above?

**edit**

I'll just add, if Ripple could hit 3 digits I'd continue w/ Ripple. The problem is, I read the popular sentiment that is its inability to do that bc of # of coins.

I've heard that concern as well... as well as many others.  Here is my thoughts on the subject:  Bitcoin has far less coins, is worth much more per coin.... and is a lot less useful.  XRP has far more coins, is gaining in value.... and is far more useful... much more useful than we can imagine at this point.  That's why I"m all in on XRP #xrpthestandard 

Regarding the coins listed above:  I recommend EVERYONE to use Ripple | XRP as the standard.  By that I mean compare all other Digital Assets to Ripple.  Research the company, team, developers, marketers, social media, the USE CASE..... etc.  I feel that when people understand and see how professional and legitimate Ripple is to the Block-Chain world they will understand what a true winner looks like.  If you find another coin that resembles Ripple in these areas then you may have a contender that can make you $$$.

Edited by CryptMagic

Damn, that helps, thanks so much. You hit on exactly why I end up back in XRP, when I consider putting funds into other coins. I was just doing some reading about the zerp and what always comes through is the winner mentality/culture/team behind the coin. Even when dealing with controversies or perceived negatives of the tech/protocol, there are real life use cases and such in the pipeline, that exist with no other coin. And a set of professionals behind all of it. Thanks again.

13 hours ago, ryanlucci said:

You think the dip at 2.67 is about it? Reason I ask is because I'm buying.

Now climbing back up . Currently at 2.75 on Binance.

Now wishing I bought a bit some when it dipped to 2.30 for about a day.

18 hours ago, ryanlucci said:

I have some extra funds to invest and would like to know other HODLers opinions.

I'm looking at coins under $1 like siacoin, stellar, digibyte, reddcoin, po.et, tron, dent & burst. 

I'm not diversified as I've been strictly a ripple guy since back in the day and I wonder if I'm not better off just adding a few thousand more ripple.

I'd love to up my zerp count, but also could see some of these coins rising towards a dollar on the coattails of the crypto market. 

With that said, XRP is more established w/ so much promise. It's hard to not think my money isn't better spent sticking with what I know.

I think the best up and coming coin is Raiblocks (XRB). It is more than you want to spend but I would encourage looking at market cap and max supply. All XRB has been distributed so there is no possibility for future inflation like many other coins have to deal with. In addition, Raiblocks current market cap is about 3 Billion USD leaving a lot of room for growth. Ripple (XRP) has a market cap is over 100 billion. If Raiblocks catches on and is widely adopted it could go to 60 billion in no time which is a 20x return. That would put the new price at about $500 per XRB. Raiblocks is a unique crypto because it uses a block lattice instead of a blockchain and transactions are instant. The developers claim it can process over 7000 transactions per second. The best part? Transactions are free (no fees). I purchased some myself recently and think it has huge potential. You could send money to anywhere in the world instantly without a bank and without paying any fees... The potential here is huge. The current price is about $25 which is more than you want to spend per coin but it's not all about the cost per coin. Raiblocks only has a max supply of 133,248,290 which is why its more expensive. Ripple (XRP) has a max supply of 100 billion which is why it is cheap and that is the case with a lot of cheap coins. Currently, you have to jump through some hoops to purchase Raiblocks because it isn't on the major exchanges yet. It sounds like it may be added on Binance within the next month or so and if it is added the price will shoot up. If you can get in before it's mainstream and on the big exchanges I think the returns will be good but there is never a guarantee of that obviously. My path to purchasing Raiblocks was:

• Set up coinbase account and used ACH transfer from bank to deposit USD (fee free)
  • Transferred funds from Coinbase to GDAX (fee free)
  • Bought Litecoin using limit order on GDAX (fee free if you use limit instead of market order)
  • Set up account on Bitgrail
  • Transferred LTC to Bitgrail wallet (fee free and only took about 5 minutes to show up in Bitgrail)
  • Bought XRB with LTC (only step with a fee and my fees were less than 1 dollar)
    • I recommend setting the price you want to pay for XRB, got an extra couple XRB by setting my price above the recommended market price.
  • Sent my XRB to my RaiWallet (instant transaction and free).
  • Of course you can chose to use ETH or BTC in place of LTC if you want. The market for BTC to XRB is a little more liquid than LTC to XRB on Bitgrail.

You can check out the whitepaper here: https://raiblocks.net/

Good luck out there man!

20 hours ago, ryanlucci said:

Only two coins that i own are XRP and XLM. XRP is by far the best coin

I also picked XLM because of IBM partnership. Very few coins out there have real partnerships with big name companies. Watch out for FairX exchange to launch soon. Its being built on stellars network and is run by IBMs CTO Michael Dowling. Lots of ICOs moving over to Stellar from ethereum.

But people on here are jaded against stellar and Jed McCaleb. Always good to do a lot of research on your own and check it out

1 hour ago, ryanlucci said:

Thanks for the responses. Is Railblocks in competition with XRP or do they serve different uses?

I would say that XRP and Raiblocks are not in direct competition. Having said that, since they are both crypto's they do compete in the sense that someone might decide to invest in one over the other. From a technology and use case standpoint they are very different. XRP is focused on catering to the needs of banks while Raiblocks is focused on true financial decentralization and independence for individual users. The other nice thing about Raiblocks is there is no minimum for funding your wallet. XRP requires at least 20 XRP to keep a wallet open and sometimes more depending on the number of trust lines. With Raiblocks, you can spend every coin you own and your wallet will remain intact. Also a small amount of XRP gets burned for every transaction so it does have some fees tied to it unlike Raiblocks. XRP is definitely a good coin but I feel that Raiblocks has some better qualities that I believe in and want to see succeed in the real world. The main thing I dislike about XRP is that it is centralized and Ripple the company holds over 60% of all coins (60 billion). Ripple is kind of like a mini federal reserve for XRP given the amount of coins they control. Overall, we are probably both here to make money on our investments and Ripple could definitely do great and so could Raiblocks. For me, I like the what Raiblocks stands for and the technology behind it. True decentralization is revolutionary while Ripple's XRP is designed to improve the current centralized financial infrastructure.

NEO is the only option outside of Ripple. NEO will be the number 1 Coin once the Chinese government pulls the trigger this year. NEO also has an amazing team and community.

Neo is like the Ethereum of the east. It is to Ethereum as Alibaba is to Google or as Tencent is to Facebook.

NEO tokens and NEO icos are the way to go outside of Ripple. NEO icos are instant 10x to 100x. Ontology and Neonexchange will be massive. Token sale soon.

https://hackernoon.com/neo-versus-ethereum-why-neo-might-be-2018s-strongest-cryptocurrency-79956138bea3