DanB

My Story

2 minutes ago, DanB said:

Hi all,

It's been an extremely emotional week for me in the real world. I know you all are a supportive and mature bunch, so I'm sure this will not fall on deaf ears. I tend to put up walls and compensate with feigned strength, but I have a feeling that this confession will be therapeutic, and just what the doctor ordered.

I'm 22 years old, recently graduated from New York University, and in fresh mourning of my Mother's death. She passed earlier this week after a long bout with lung cancer, thereby capping off a challenging 2017. I lost my mother, split from my girlfriend of nearly 3 years, had a falling out with a very close friend, and struggled with choosing a career path in the midst of cleaning up bad habits I developed during college.

In June 2017, when I was at my lowest, I stumbled upon XRP. Seeing its potential, I dropped what was, for me, an exorbitant amount of money on a stack of zerps. Long story short - I've been accumulating ever since. Some people bury trauma under material goods, drug abuse, or an unhealthy withdrawal from society. I coped through accumulation of XRP, and my drug was watching that number in my wallet go up steadily, week by week. Because, even with everything I was going through, I had confidence in how this investment could perform down the road.

Fast forward to today - I'm working in an industry that I love, crushing it as a single guy living in a metropolitan area, and I have successfully straightened out my diet, workout routine, and day-to-day habits. And, even as my Mother passes from one plane to the next, I'm able to keep my head high and know that my life could change forever in the next 12 months. The onus is on me to make my Mother proud. I am living for two people now. It's not just about me - it's my obligation to do everything I can to fill her shoes, and give 110% in my professional life, personal life, and mental + physical development.

I want to give a shout out to the XRPchat community - you all have been a great source of comfort to me in this trying time, especially in the past month. It looks like we're headed to the moon after all, but no interstellar road trip would be complete without great company to enjoy it with.

I look forward to watching the stars go by with you all as we ascend to even greater heights. And, even if XRP crashes and burns, the time spent on this forum was worth every penny. Much love,

Dan

Much love. Keep it up. 

You’ve been given a gift, though it may take many years to see it that way.

Stay true.

26 minutes ago, DanB said:

I look forward to watching the stars go by with you all as we ascend to greater heights. And, even if XRP crashes and burns, the time spent on this forum was worth every penny. Much love,

@DanB

There are all sorts of familys.
The one you where born into, which for many is the most important. Others hate that family.
But the Family where you really belong, is the one that you find, or finds you in moments when you feel all is lost.

:heart:

Edited by zenkert

Sorry about your mother’s passing. I’m glad to hear that you are turning things around after a difficult time. Good for you for investing in XRP before the recent run up. All the best to you!

Thank you for sharing during such a difficult time. Incredibly sorry for your loss, but stay strong and keep doing you. All the love. 

Thanks for your Story DanB, I am so sorry, I thought this was going to be a Nigerian Prince Scam at first, really hit me in the midriff, 

May your Mum and your Gods be looking down on you and smiling at your success in life

All the Best Cannylad 

That took a lot of nerve to put that out there.  I'm sure this community will give you a warm shout out.  They are a good group.

Stay with XRP - it is a once in a lifetime experience and will change the world.  I truly believe that.

Thank you for sharing your story @DanB. Your mother is so proud of you, there is no doubt about that.

Now think of the successful and blessed present and future you will have. Imagine a beautiful family of your own, in a setting of financial stability, so that you can enjoy this life with them in a healthy - physically, mentally and emotionally way. Money doesn't buy true happiness, but definitely helps with stability. I'm sure you will help those in need and live a great life full of purpose. 

WoW,  thats hard. Even to read. Hope you’re coming well. You Made an account here right After I was in this community and XRP. Just wanna think you for contributing and sharing. Life’s not all Aboutaleb zerps....

@DanB high respect for you 

I feel very very sorry that you lost your mother. 

I lost my father 13 years ago from long cancer. 

I"ll wish you al the best and I keep you in my prayers. 

Also I pray to God that I may do good things with xrp.

My wife works too hard and have a long disease with XRP I hope she can stop working and go for her ideals to do something with kids. 

It does take great courage to put it out there, thanks for that,

Remember It's not what you have, it's what you do with it that really counts and as we grow it will become ever more important to keep that in the back of our minds.

Dear DanB,

You are wiser than your years and I understand your therapeutic endeavor.

I am sorry for your loss and I know how confusing and isolating losing a loved one can feel.

I believe  the paths we cross with loved ones are not limited to what we know in this world, instead with us eternally... it comforts me feeling this.

The thread you started is not just a tear-jerker but a thought provoking edit that I believe pertains to all of us that are in this journey of life.

Thank you for the brave introduction and your story and congratulations on that mighty head  you carry on your shoulders!

1 hour ago, DanB said:

Hi all,

It's been an extremely emotional week for me in the real world. I know you all are a supportive and mature bunch, so I'm sure this will not fall on deaf ears. I tend to put up walls and compensate with feigned strength, but I have a feeling that this confession will be therapeutic, and just what the doctor ordered.

I'm 22 years old, recently graduated from New York University, and in fresh mourning of my Mother's death. She passed earlier this week after a long battle with lung cancer, thereby capping off a challenging 2017. I lost my mother, split from my girlfriend of nearly 3 years, had a falling out with a very close friend, and struggled with choosing a career path in the midst of cleaning up bad habits I developed during college.

In June 2017, when I was at my lowest, I stumbled upon XRP. Seeing its potential, I dropped what was, for me, an exorbitant amount of money on a stack of zerps. Long story short - I've been accumulating ever since. Some people bury trauma under material goods, drug abuse, or an unhealthy withdrawal from society. I coped through accumulation of XRP, and my drug was watching that number in my wallet go up steadily, week by week. Because, even with everything I was going through, I had confidence in how this investment could perform down the road.

Fast forward to today - I'm working in an industry that I love, crushing it as a single guy living in a metropolitan area, and I have successfully straightened out my diet, workout routine, and day-to-day habits. And, even as my Mother passes from one plane to the next, I'm able to keep my head high and know that my life could change forever in the next 12 months. The onus is on me to make my Mother proud. I am living for two people now. It's not just about me - it's my obligation to do everything I can to fill her shoes, and give 110% in my professional life, personal life, and mental + physical development.

I want to give a shout out to the XRPchat community - you all have been a great source of comfort to me in this trying time, especially in the past month. It looks like we're headed to the moon after all, but no interstellar road trip would be complete without great company to enjoy it with.

I look forward to watching the stars go by with you all as we ascend to greater heights. And, even if XRP crashes and burns, the time spent on this forum was worth every penny. Much love,

Dan

Dan. Thank you for sharing. Sorry to hear about your loss. I too can relate, but in a different way. I grew up very poor, a street kid, with struggle, always......

I was the underdog.

I always saw the hardcore XRP guys amd gals as underdogs. They still are in many ways.

This community back in March was my underdog family, still it. It's just evolved.