Moriarty

The xRapid announcements that will come

1 hour ago, Amigo said:

I'm not a native English speaker but wouldn't Paypal be much more household like (like in used by average US families) than Western Union? Or Amazon even more? I'm still not sure if these drops of info relate to the same thing (in that case I would think Paypal) or are different types of partnerships.

Sure, Payal may be considered a household name.  My point is that they could both be household names.  People seem to have blinders on that it must be only from the elite names (Uber/Apple/etc) and don't understand the wide array of companies that should fall under the term "household names".  Western Union by far fits the description in my opinion and would be more than stoked when they make an official announcement. 

10 hours ago, aye-epp said:

Sure, Payal may be considered a household name.  My point is that they could both be household names.  People seem to have blinders on that it must be only from the elite names (Uber/Apple/etc) and don't understand the wide array of companies that should fall under the term "household names".  Western Union by far fits the description in my opinion and would be more than stoked when they make an official announcement. 

Western Union is for sure a FI. So not sure why you think they could be the hidden household name.

1 hour ago, Siniath said:

David said "non-banks", not "non-FIs".

I'm sure we'll see major partnerships with corporates, payment companies, and FIs implementing X-Rapid in the next couple months. There's enough evidence to show that the company is currently securing deals with all three of those categories and it's only a matter of time before the big names start to trickle out. I wholeheartedly believe that the price can get to $10 before Coinbase lists it, and Coinbase has a lot of mounting pressure to add XRP during Q1 yet of this year, which would create a bit of a "perfect storm" scenario.

Edited by futureledger

On 1/6/2018 at 11:44 PM, Moriarty said:

I'm very interested how Ripple will deal with informing the public about the xRapid partnerships that we all look forward to. Will they drop one name at a time or will they drop a bunch of them at the same time?

I believe that the date(s) is/are already written in stone, and thousands if not millions of XRP are already transferred to these new XRP users. XRP value going up is certain, but I'm interested what strategy Ripple has in terms of stabilizing XRP price at some point.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts on this.

It is better to drop one name at a time.

The buying frenzy with 3 names and 1 name will last the same duration.

So you need to feed the public with 1 name and when the frenzy dies down, you feed the public with the 2nd name and then the 3rd.

This could become a multi-month bull rally.

4 hours ago, missdaboat said:

It is better to drop one name at a time.

The buying frenzy with 3 names and 1 name will last the same duration.

So you need to feed the public with 1 name and when the frenzy dies down, you feed the public with the 2nd name and then the 3rd.

This could become a multi-month bull rally.

if you keep dropping good news after good news people get immune and spoiled that the news is not good enough.  i would build up pressure, like they do now with the house hold names and then drop the bomb, repeat every quarter.  right now the fomo spikes up on the charts are mainly because people can't take it anymore, it's like a 4 year old that has a birthday in 2 days and she knows she will get a new bike. people are freaking out. look at the fud, speculation, insane price predictions, all the exchanges are overloaded. Is it coinbase, is it this bank, will amazon become a bank on ripple rails, will all the exchanges be carrying xrp as their base currency, will central banks drop their native currency and buy XRP, etc etc. It's kind of funny.

I like the fundamentals of Ripple, and i know things will go up from here, a lot up. how? Solid long term use case + good PR. 

Edited by Guest

There is so much to learn from the way Brad does his interviews, how Ripple reacts to FUD, and how Ripple communicates in general. I really admire their way of playing the game, very professional.

Looking forward to the week ahead, something tells me something is on its way..

All the hints that we received (two householdnames / three global payment providers) plus the mainstream media covering Ripple got me thinking: isn’t this the right time to do the announcement?

I think it'll really be a coin toss whether many of the companies which Ripple works with will be announced.  Large Fortune 100 companies often prefer to keep these things confidential and specifically require that their names aren't used or disclosed to the public.

3 hours ago, Moriarty said:

There is so much to learn from the way Brad does his interviews, how Ripple reacts to FUD, and how Ripple communicates in general. I really admire their way of playing the game, very professional.

Looking forward to the week ahead, something tells me something is on its way..

All the hints that we received (two householdnames / three global payment providers) plus the mainstream media covering Ripple got me thinking: isn’t this the right time to do the announcement?

Masterful at keeping close to the vest. Except for the winkening. That was hilarious.

On 1/6/2018 at 11:30 AM, manateehunter said:

I still think coinbase will add ripple soon-ish, they just wanted to do some damage control after the BCH fiasco.

I think Ripple will announce a few big time partnerships first, get the value up to $5-$10, then CB adds it sometime later this year.