Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mDuo13

Multi-Signing Will Soon Be Available [Update: It's live!]

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Sukrim said:

"The multi-signing amendment is currently supported by the majority of voting validators on Ripple"

How many and which of these are in Ripple's UNL? ;)

TBH Ripple's 5 validators are driving the show this time. We still don't feel like the validation network, and the support infrastructure to help people make properly-informed decisions of which validators to add to their UNL, is at a point where we can leave the rollout of a big feature up to the rest of the world. That should change soon -- now that we know Amendments work pretty well (as proven once by FeeEscalation and soon a second time with MultiSign), that's one major roadblock removed.

We also have some stuff in the works to make it easier to swap out your validator keys (so if, say, your ops guy quits you don't have to get everyone else to update their UNL to trust a new public key) and we've been making steady progress on making it easier to run a validator. Not sure you've noticed, but we now have automatic updates on Red Hat and official Ubuntu support is back (using alien to install the same RPM packages as Red Hat uses).

It also helps that some big names are running validators just for the sake of the network.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mDuo13 said:

It also helps that some big names are running validators just for the sake of the network.

Which big names (except Microsoft)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mDuo13 said:

We also have some stuff in the works to make it easier to swap out your validator keys (so if, say, your ops guy quits you don't have to get everyone else to update their UNL to trust a new public key) and we've been making steady progress on making it easier to run a validator. Not sure you've noticed, but we now have automatic updates on Red Hat and official Ubuntu support is back (using alien to install the same RPM packages as Red Hat uses).

Is it possible to include upstart configuration files for ubuntu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T8493 said:

Is it possible to include upstart configuration files for ubuntu?

The  rippled rpm currently only includes a systemd service file. I don't anticipate the rpm supporting upstart.

For Ubuntu systems using upstart (14.04 and earlier), you could try installing rippled with alien and then adding the init script from the old rippled apt package to /etc/init.d/rippled:
https://github.com/wilsonianb/rippled-releng/blob/master/debian/rippled.init

You would need to either modify the init script with the rpm's binary and config addresses (/opt/ripple/bin/rippled and /etc/opt/ripple/rippled.cfg) or move the binary and config to where the script looks for them (/usr/bin/rippled and /etc/ripple/rippled.cfg)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great achievement! Orders of magnitude of more security and new functionalities are available now in the ripple network, and all deployed through a server voting system. It is really innovative and useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...