MooseInTime

MIT's Fantasy Futures - Jan 2018

Futures contract  

39 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Would you take it ($10, End Jan 18)

• Hell yeah it'll be worth way more by then
    • No way it'll be worth less

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2018 at 11:59 PM

Right, lots of seriousness recently on the boards.

Here's something lighthearted for a change.

I'm opening the first ever official MooseInTime Fantasy Futures for January

Hypothesis: I will sell you the buyer all my XRP at the price of $10 per XRP at the end of January (midnight 1st Feb).  Crucially, both me and you HAVE to make the deal at the end of the month.  (If >10 you are getting a bargain, if <10 I am as I can take your fiat and buy even more)  For the newbies, this is basically the equivalent of a call options contract you'd get on Wall Street, but of course here it's only for fun.

Votes are anonymous above - only you will know if you'd take it or leave the deal

The real question is - would you take it (i.e. you think that it's a good deal, $10 per XRP at end of Jan)... or leave it (that's a bad deal, it won't be worth more than $10 by end of Jan).

Fantasy Futures offer closes end of Sunday so make a choice! 

I could win, or you could win... we shall revisit the findings at the end of the Month :D

Edited by MooseInTime

Just to add in a real futures situation you could buy and sell your contracts on the market, each contract will have a notional value itself as it could be worth a fortune (or worth a negative loss) but we won't do fantasy derivatives because it gets too complicated :dirol:

Edited by MooseInTime

Crypto-dominance by the end of this month? I think not. 

$5+ by the end of the month on CMC's average, I'm betting.

When they announce all those institutions that have joined or are in the process of signing on.  It think that will do some damage. 

2 minutes ago, Tikrp said:

When they announce all those institutions that have joined or are in the process of signing on.  It think that will do some damage. 

Yes... that's right.... Keep buying my Fantasy Futures mwuhahahar :vampire:

Having traded futures contracts in the trading pits in NY for over 20yrs, I would say this is more of an options bet...buying a Jan $10 call. That being said, if it was a March $10 call I would be a buyer with both hands.

1 minute ago, JNYC said:

Having traded futures contracts in the trading pits in NY for over 20yrs, I would say this is more of an options bet...buying a Jan $10 call. That being said, if it was a March $10 call I would be a buyer with both hands.

True it is more option-y, although I'm simplifying it without Calls and Puts :D  Just Calls.

Go long on any futures market, if you feel so guided. 

Once upon a time, there was a guy on bitcointalk, who wanted to bet if the current worth of Class A berkshire hathaway in bitcoins will exceed the share's price in a year. The winner takes both bitcoin and the share. Can't remember, if anyone took him up on that offer.