Jump to content
Sukrim

Want to release 1 billion XRP? Here's how!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Sukrim said:

Subscribe to r9NpyVfLfUG8hatuCCHKzosyDtKnBdsEN3's transaction stream and look for EscrowCreate transactions.

How to subscribe to that address' transaction steam technically? thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll give it a try this month. Anyone care to submit a tx and see if I figured it out? 

1200022280000000240000000120190000000B68400000000000277573210268D79CD579D077750740FA18A2370B7C2018B2714ECE70BA65C38D223E79BC9C74473045022100F06FB54049D6D50142E5CF2E2AC21946AF305A13E2A2D4BA881B36484DD01A540220311557EC8BEF536D729605A4CB4D4DC51B1E37C06C93434DD5B7651E1E2E28BF811452C7F01AD13B3CA9C1D133FA8F3482D2EF08FA7D82145A380FBD236B6A1CD14B939AD21101E5B6B6FFA2F9EA7D0F04C4D46544659A2D58525043686174E1F1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EasterBunny said:

I'll give it a try this month. Anyone care to submit a tx and see if I figured it out? 

1200022280000000240000000120190000000B68400000000000277573210268D79CD579D077750740FA18A2370B7C2018B2714ECE70BA65C38D223E79BC9C74473045022100F06FB54049D6D50142E5CF2E2AC21946AF305A13E2A2D4BA881B36484DD01A540220311557EC8BEF536D729605A4CB4D4DC51B1E37C06C93434DD5B7651E1E2E28BF811452C7F01AD13B3CA9C1D133FA8F3482D2EF08FA7D82145A380FBD236B6A1CD14B939AD21101E5B6B6FFA2F9EA7D0F04C4D46544659A2D58525043686174E1F1

https://ripple.com/build/websocket-tool/#submit

{
  "id": 1,
  "command": "submit",
  "tx_blob": "1200022280000000240000000120190000000B68400000000000277573210268D79CD579D077750740FA18A2370B7C2018B2714ECE70BA65C38D223E79BC9C74473045022100F06FB54049D6D50142E5CF2E2AC21946AF305A13E2A2D4BA881B36484DD01A540220311557EC8BEF536D729605A4CB4D4DC51B1E37C06C93434DD5B7651E1E2E28BF811452C7F01AD13B3CA9C1D133FA8F3482D2EF08FA7D82145A380FBD236B6A1CD14B939AD21101E5B6B6FFA2F9EA7D0F04C4D46544659A2D58525043686174E1F1"
}

Result:

{
  "id": 1,
  "status": "success",
  "type": "response",
  "result": {
    "engine_result": "tesSUCCESS",
    "engine_result_code": 0,
    "engine_result_message": "The transaction was applied. Only final in a validated ledger.",
    "tx_blob": "1200022280000000240000000120190000000B68400000000000277573210268D79CD579D077750740FA18A2370B7C2018B2714ECE70BA65C38D223E79BC9C74473045022100F06FB54049D6D50142E5CF2E2AC21946AF305A13E2A2D4BA881B36484DD01A540220311557EC8BEF536D729605A4CB4D4DC51B1E37C06C93434DD5B7651E1E2E28BF811452C7F01AD13B3CA9C1D133FA8F3482D2EF08FA7D82145A380FBD236B6A1CD14B939AD21101E5B6B6FFA2F9EA7D0F04C4D46544659A2D58525043686174E1F1",
    "tx_json": {
      "Account": "r3Y6vCE8XqfZmYBRngy22uFYkmz3y9eCRA",
      "Fee": "10101",
      "Flags": 2147483648,
      "Memos": [
        {
          "Memo": {
            "MemoData": "04C4D46544659A2D58525043686174"
          }
        }
      ],
      "OfferSequence": 11,
      "Owner": "r9NpyVfLfUG8hatuCCHKzosyDtKnBdsEN3",
      "Sequence": 1,
      "SigningPubKey": "0268D79CD579D077750740FA18A2370B7C2018B2714ECE70BA65C38D223E79BC9C",
      "TransactionType": "EscrowFinish",
      "TxnSignature": "3045022100F06FB54049D6D50142E5CF2E2AC21946AF305A13E2A2D4BA881B36484DD01A540220311557EC8BEF536D729605A4CB4D4DC51B1E37C06C93434DD5B7651E1E2E28BF",
      "hash": "C0B450C8601E19CB0BDED71C4B523B2A4AAB77415B08E7923D8DA3F831631702"
    }
  }
}

Seems to have worked:

https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/transactions/C0B450C8601E19CB0BDED71C4B523B2A4AAB77415B08E7923D8DA3F831631702

Congratulations @EasterBunny!

Edited by Sukrim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missed this thread last month, but this is excellent! :)))) Quite amazing someone didn't do this before Sukrim's post. Shows the lack of interest from devs I think unfortunately.

Once again, awesome thread and thanks to everyone involved!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S

15 hours ago, Sukrim said:

Somethings feels very wrong about this. This makes me laugh, but, I don't know, wouldn't want to move around someone else's billion dollars.

Anyway, I'm not Wasting my drops to release someone else's money.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was happier to see that the transaction succeeded. I wasn't sure it would work. I could have tried submitting it several times myself until I got it, but I liked the idea of someone finishing the transaction that I created to finish a transaction that Ripple created. Had a nice recursive feel to it. The memo field had to be in hex, so I converted.

Spoiler

04C4D46544659A2D58525043686174 = ��eDe�-XRPChat

I meant to say:

LMFTFY
-XRPChat

Is it possible to fix a typo at this point, or did I ruin it forever?

3 hours ago, Ctrl-Z said:

How does it feel? :D

I guess I kinda feel sad knowing that i ruined it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EasterBunny said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

04C4D46544659A2D58525043686174 = ��eDe�-XRPChat

I meant to say:

LMFTFY
-XRPChat

Is it possible to fix a typo at this point, or did I ruin it forever?

I guess I kinda feel sad knowing that i ruined it...

I'm not sure which memo you are referring to. The escrow finish doesn't need a memo. Could you please clue me in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JoelKatz said:

We don't always finish our own escrows right when they release.

So you guys don't seem to be scratching around for some coin then.....         Nice position to be in.   :) 

Did you ever consider a timed release?     So the escrow releases after the 55 months without finish required?  Just wondering why you didn't go that way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

So you guys don't seem to be scratching around for some coin then.....         Nice position to be in.   :) 

Did you ever consider a timed release?     So the escrow releases after the 55 months without finish required?  Just wondering why you didn't go that way.  

Unless I'm mistaken, there is no way for the ledger to automatically release an escrow, because the ledger does not interact with itself. It therefore needs be released by someone or something* interacting with the ledger.

 

*Someone on this forum gave an idea of bot automatically releasing escrows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×