JA8

Reminder: HUGE price swings are NORMAL in crypto. This isn't one.

I think what we saw today was new investors panicking.  Then they end up buying back in later with less XRP than they had before.

I've been through numerous investments over 15+ years, so today's dip was nothing spectacular.

Price swings are not a hodlers concern.

Weak hands, faint of heart and day traders could have a bad day and this is also non of my concern. 

Back to enjoying my life and past gains to build a brighter future. 

There are two types of crypto trader.

The hodl owner like me tends to hold for medium to long term ignorant of spikes and portfolio $$$ ups and downs.  Though I am glued to my phone for opportunities gained or lost, I am unleveraged so only watching blips as an entertaining sideshow while at times kicking myself for not buying much much more at the onset.

The day traders of cryptos are the technicians normally on leverage who try to time the fast pace peaks and valleys so that they can multiply these port quickly.  When news is out about another coin prospect like Tron for example, they pounce for double/triple digit gains.  Time is on their side as they are often glued to the phone for small murmurs or potential outbreaks/newsworthy events with kudos for those lightning fingers, understandng and wise judgements.

So, some daytrader exited XRP after the CB news but they may have to wait to jump back in.  Actually, it is better to weed out the day traders to reduce volatility.  Strangely, the bitcoin-type tokens are all green now while all minted unmined tokens are all red.  XRP is in fact holding on to smaller losses which only means that the CB was just a murmur but not something to get excited about for hodlers with 2-5 year investment horizon ...

Edited by bookworm

I’m a few months into crypto but still in it for the ups and downs - nothing goes up in a straight line. 

Just a test of nerve, went through it on a LSE stock and trust me, just ride it out. What’s the point in leaving in the middle of the trip?

What’s the point in leaving in the middle of the trip?

Some people bought in for around $0.006 well before 1H 2017 or about $0.20 in latter 2017 so I cannot blame them.  Even though I bought in below $0.20, I will not off-board the train until it has reach its destination.  While tempting to take significant gains by holding for less than six months, XRP still has a way to go before I will consider selling.

Those not holding XRP tokens, but using CFD/Spread betting tools like eToro for XRP contracts, may be forced to sell if they get a margin call.

Trading crypto contracts with leverage is playing with fire right now.

Hopefully they have enough loose equity to ride out the dips

Edited by MooseInTime

I think there are a lot of newcomers that are yet to experience huge price drops, the market has been bullish for 3-4 months now which is absurd. But everyone has to experience bear market and panic selling at least once in order to have a better understanding of this market.

30 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

I think there are a lot of newcomers that are yet to experience huge price drops, the market has been bullish for 3-4 months now which is absurd. But everyone has to experience bear market and panic selling at least once in order to have a better understanding of this market.

When do you foreshadow a bear market kicking In? Plan to buy a large amount of xrp then. :)