erikvdven

GateHub: disabled wallet, money lost

So I am trying to get any Ripples or Ethereum in my GateHub account for a few days now, without any success. Here is so far what I did:

1. Coinbase
Using my creditcard I bought Ethereum on Coinbase. I thougth that using Coinbase I would be able to send the Ethereum to another Exchange platform (like BitSane), to Exchange it for Ripples (XRP). At least, that is what I read everywhere so that seems to be the way to go. It took a few hours but after 5 hours more or less the money was transfered to BitSane.

2. Bitsane
At Bitsane I tried exchanging the Ethereum for XRP, but after about 4 hours my order was still pending so I canceled it and tried to pass it to GateHub. Bitsane was having a lot of trouble already, like Kraken, LiteBit (well, any platform I tried so far), I guess because of the amount of traffic these days. So I did not have much faith left, that my order would be accepted anytime soon.

3. GateHub
So, before actually trying Bitsane I already tried getting an account at GateHub but I had trouble with my SMS verification. I tried again and this time it finally worked. So I needed to pass the money to my wallet on GateHub. I stumbled upon ShapeShift so I thought I should give it a try.

4. ShapeShift
So I tried passing my Ethereum from Bitsane, using ShapeShift, to GateHub using the "Precise" method, I entered my Ethereum wallet in case everything fails so they can return the Ethereum. So far everything seemed to be fine: https://shapeshift.io/#/status/618854b6-cc42-4697-989c-29f810f10111 3 green checkmarks.

5. Money never received
After 24 hours, my money is still not received by GateHub, AND my Ethereum wallet seems to be filled again. The balance is about 0.2 ETH, which supposed to be empty.

6. Bitsane Balance empty
Bitsane shows an empty balance, while etherscan.io shows me a filled wallet. I cannot access the wallet, cause Bitsane holds the Secret keys. So I am not able to try sending it again or whatever. I entered various tickets, but I do not get any response, tried to send them an e-mail also.

7. Rest of Ethereum straight to GateHub
Now I was able to actually complete my account on GateHub, I was able to generate an Ethereum address as well, where I can send more Ethereum to. So I did. I logged in at Coinbase and send the rest of my Ethereum straight to GateHub. Now I receive emails that my trust line is not activated...... GateHub verified my account so that does not seem to be the problem. As far as I read online my wallet is disabled and I HAVE to send actually XRP to my account to activate it before I can receive any Ethereum or whatever.

So, I was able to send a couple of hundred euros to GateHub, which all were not received yet. I am afraid that if I try a third party to activate my wallet, I will loose another hundred euros without success. So any advice over here? I already send tickets to ShapeShift, GateHub and Bitsane but they all do not respond.

Edited by erikvdven

14 minutes ago, erikvdven said:

So I tried passing my Ethereum from Bitsane, using ShapeShift, to GateHub using the "Precise" method, I entered my Ethereum wallet in case everything fails so they can return the Ethereum. So far everything seemed to be fine: https://shapeshift.io/#/status/618854b6-cc42-4697-989c-29f810f10111 3 green checkmarks.

5. Money never received

It clearly says, "RESOLVED" so that means there have been no errors. The XRP should appear in your Gatehub wallet soon.

Edited by MrEman

1 minute ago, MrEman said:

It clearly says, "RESOLVED"

It does, but the strange thing is that etherscan.io says the money went OUT, but a few hours later (less Ethereum, but still, seems to be equal amount minus the fee) went IN again. Anyway, my wallet is not empty, but it supposed to be empty cause I sent everything with Shapeshift to GateHub.

honestly i use gatehub to only hold my ripple wallet. I made a trustline to btc which costed me 5 xrp ( before that i got my ripple wallet in gatehub activated through my friend) later I buy btc from anywhere i could and transfer it to my gatehub fifth btc wallet. from that i exchange it to xrp. This method should  be fine and i cant believe you worked so hard to buy xrp

14 minutes ago, ramxbx said:

honestly i use gatehub to only hold my ripple wallet. I made a trustline to btc which costed me 5 xrp ( before that i got my ripple wallet in gatehub activated through my friend) later I buy btc from anywhere i could and transfer it to my gatehub fifth btc wallet. from that i exchange it to xrp. This method should  be fine and i cant believe you worked so hard to buy xrp

I really don't get it, it seems that every party I tried cannot be trusted in some way. The only party who called me just a few hours after creating an account, just to checkout if I got any questions, was AVATRADE. I understand it's probably quite busy at the moment, but no response at all from any party after almost 48 hours really sucks to be honest. At this right moment you pay about 100 USD to activate your ripple wallet at bithomp. I will not try it, cause I am afraid that will be another 100 USD which will disappear for a while. There has to be some way, but I cannot figure out what, at this right moment. Without spending a lot of more money, would be nice. 

Edited by erikvdven

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, RobinBaas said:

I use Kraken and Bitstamp and have used Litebit a few times. Since nearly every exchange is refusing new customers you can only hope the exchanges will resolve theirs scaling issues. Maybe ask a friend to do purchases for you?

Well, I did receive an e-mail from Bitstamp with the message "Your verification request has been confirmed.". So at least I got one verified account... Kraken disabled their verification methods, indeed. Still pending verification at BitSane.

Edited by Guest

Just now, RobinBaas said:

Bitstamp is great in my opninion! Why don't you transfer your funds? You will be relieved by how responsive the website is :)

I will try, but half of my Ethereum is probably in my wallet owned by Bitsane (which I cannot access through their website, because it shows a balance of 0), or somewhere on its way to GateHub. And the rest of my Ethereum I just sent to GateHub, but they cannot add it to my wallet because I do not have any trust lines. So I guess I have to wait for their responses to get my Ethereum back, or buy new ones....

1 minute ago, erikvdven said:

I will try, but half of my Ethereum is probably in my wallet owned by Bitsane (which I cannot access through their website, because it shows a balance of 0), or somewhere on its way to GateHub. And the rest of my Ethereum I just sent to GateHub, but they cannot add it to my wallet because I do not have any trust lines. So I guess I have to wait for their responses to get my Ethereum back, or buy new ones....

Good luck!

10 minutes ago, erikvdven said:

I really don't get it, it seems that every party I tried cannot be trusted in some way. The only party who called me just a few hours after creating an account, just to checkout if I got any questions, was AVATRADE. I understand it's probably quite busy at the moment, but no response at all from any party after almost 48 hours really sucks to be honest. At this right moment you pay about 100 USD to activate your ripple wallet at bithomp. I will not try it, cause I am afraid that will be another 100 USD which will disappear for a while. There has to be some way, but I cannot figure out what, at this right moment. Without spending a lot of more money, would be nice. 

I'm still sticking on to gatehub.net because they give me access to the private key of my address. So even if gatehub disappears i can still add my ripple wallet to some other site and access my xrp. Gatehub can work fine if you just use it to store ripples. Cheapest way to get your ripple wallet in gatehub is as follows:

>generate a ripple wallet or activate the existing ripple wallet in gatehub using shapeshift or some other exchange site. you can use any crytos you own. 

>if you are getting 60 xrp the first 20 xrp will go to reserve. you can access the remaining 40xrp

>dont deposite usd or fiat to gatehub. just use it store your xrp wallet

>you can use a cold wallet instead but this would give you access to your wallet no matter where you are.