Cryptocurrency Index/ETF?

I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on a Digital Asset Index that tracks the market cap of 20 or so human-selected digital assets. Similar to the S & P 500. Right now many speculators are betting on a small handful of tokens but this seems inherently more dangerous than tracking the value of the set of most promising assets. I'd be lying if I said I knew which assets are most likely to appreciate over time but as the space continues to grow and mature it seems very likely that the aggregate value of digital tokens will increase. Thoughts @Twarden @enej @gatehub @Haraldo @tomb @JoelKatz @gregor? What digital assets might you put in such an index?

See total market capitalization since 2013.

http://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

• 2 weeks later...

Short answer for me is no due to a complete lack of interest.  The long answer is that due to the trust involved with the maths incorporated into the fluctuations for a Crypto Index is so volatile that there is no reason to speculate;  Go and buy silver or gold if you want to save real tangible value or buy useless bits that require fiat backings for fun at your discretion.

On 18/06/2016 at 3:52 PM, JoelKatz said:

You cannot argue that people agreed to something that they had no reasonable way to be aware of.

Any exact examples @JoelKatz can share along these lines?  Concise answers are required some times but verbosity is some times necessary (I miss my old chair and a private wifi connection so much, wish I could go back right now to explain my problems with the AGATES programme but that will come to light in due time plus pun was intended for some intelligent individuals).

7 hours ago, Twarden said:

Any exact examples @JoelKatz can share along these lines?  Concise answers are required some times but verbosity is some times necessary (I miss my old chair and a private wifi connection so much, wish I could go back right now to explain my problems with the AGATES programme but that will come to light in due time plus pun was intended for some intelligent individuals).

Looking back, I can't remember why I posted that comment in this thread or what I was thinking of! I wonder if I may have meant to post it another thread since it seems to be about the DAO theft.

On 7/2/2016 at 6:22 PM, JoelKatz said:

Looking back, I can't remember why I posted that comment in this thread or what I was thinking of! I wonder if I may have meant to post it another thread since it seems to be about the DAO theft.

And everyone was so interested in the DAO when NXT already was solid save for one concern on address collisions for a time so don't know what people were thinking with or of ETH besides Fiat profits which is a poor motivator imho.