XRPcalling

XRP will hit $5.02 within the next 16 days

30 minutes ago, expireD said:

A coin flip gives you 50%.

This is an interesting point that is actually relevant. Experiments have shown that even a coin flip strategy could be profitable if correct money management is implemented. For myself, I did hundreds of hours of Monte Carlo testing on historical stock data using an excellent program called Tradesim and proved to myself that most common TA indicators are pretty useless. Many of them performed worse than a coin flip. I developed a medium term trend trading system using a variety of price and volume calculations (not pre-made indicators) that worked exceedingly well. For myself, the value I find in charts is definitely not indicators but very simple trend lines, support/resistance areas and most importantly, volume. 

Edited by OzAlphaWolf

10 minutes ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

This is an interesting point that is actually relevant. Experiments have shown that even a coin flip strategy could be profitable if correct money management is implemented. For myself, I did hundreds of hours of Monte Carlo testing on historical stock data using an excellent program called Tradesim and proved to myself that most common TA indicators are pretty useless. Many of them performed worse than a coin flip. I developed a medium term trend trading system using a variety of price and volume calculations (not pre-made indicators) that worked exceedingly well. For myself, the value I find in charts is definitely not indicators but very simple trend lines, support/resistance areas and most importantly, volume. 

ive heard of the coin flip for investing argument many times. the problem is that with a coin flip, the prior flip has no affect on subsequent flips. with TA, it is possible to make educated guesses based on prior days activity.  

14 minutes ago, XRPto50dollars said:

ive heard of the coin flip for investing argument many times. the problem is that with a coin flip, the prior flip has no affect on subsequent flips. with TA, it is possible to make educated guesses based on prior days activity.  

But accuracy percentage isn't actually that important. A long term trend trading system can be extremely profitable on say, 30% correct picks. Money management is more important to longevity.

Edited by OzAlphaWolf

8 minutes ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

But accuracy percentage isn't actually that important. A long term trend trading system can be extremely profitable on say, 30% correct picks. Money management is more important to long term trading success.

lets be honest here, this website wasnt designed for long term holders. people were freaking out from a 17 day drop from $3

Just now, XRPto50dollars said:

lets be honest here, this website wasnt designed for long term holders. people were freaking out from a 17 day drop from $3

That's not my point though. Whether it's scalping, swing trading or trend trading (as opposed to long term fundamentals based value investing), profitability comes from two factors. Finding an edge, and money management. If you personally, have a high accuracy rate based on your TA (that's your edge) and exploit that to be profitable, then great! But other people may also have a high accuracy rate and actually still be consistently unprofitable. My point is that there is no direct correlation between accuracy and profitability.

15 hours ago, Plirf said:

image.thumb.png.c4b1476c09d8c8cc1c2a6efb24762806.png

I'll add that nobody here is saying that the market is not speculative.

Before I reply to your message, let me ask - this is Binance platform right? how did you set it up this way (showing depth, book and time&sales all in the same screen)? It's pretty awesome...

59 minutes ago, Yonatan said:

Before I reply to your message, let me ask - this is Binance platform right? how did you set it up this way (showing depth, book and time&sales all in the same screen)? It's pretty awesome...

Bitstamp.net. Go go the top right corner of the webpage and click on Tradeview

On 1/23/2018 at 3:18 PM, XRPcalling said:

The reason I leave the 'learning' out is because I could write a dissertation on the formulas, my thoughts, charts, and graphs for how I came to a prediction, and one second later someone will ask me, "How did you come up with that??"

Lol. Perhaps your methodology is not scientific and therefore holds no bearing on reality.