Sign in to follow this  
CaptainCorningware

Maybe $1,000 per token is too low

15mil (average SWIFT transactions per day) x 365 days is 5.4tril annually. 5.4tril annual transactions consumes 54mil XRP, and that's just from SWIFT alone (Visa processes over 8.9tril transactions annually, which will consume 89mil XRP). For example, Western Union charges a fee of $5 for a simple wire transfer of $50. I can't even imagine the SWIFT fee's on wires in the millions of dollars. 1XRP can facilitate 100k reference transactions. Due to scarcity + volume (not even including subjective market value) it's not unrealistic that 1XRP could become worth upwards of $1,000 or more based on the amount of money saved on SWIFT fee's alone.

What do you all think? Maybe $1,000 is low-balling XRP's potential.

A lot of people in here will debate some of your numbers but yes from what I can assess  I agree completely.

If the stars align and Ripple is the bridge for most cross border payments plus a peer to peer currency plus smart contracts etc etc etc $1,000 may well be too low 

Edited by Chewiecoin

10 hours ago, CaptainCorningware said:

15mil (average SWIFT transactions per day) x 365 days is 5.4tril annually. 5.4tril annual transactions consumes 54mil XRP, and that's just from SWIFT alone (Visa processes over 8.9tril transactions annually, which will consume 89mil XRP). For example, Western Union charges a fee of $5 for a simple wire transfer of $50. I can't even imagine the SWIFT fee's on wires in the millions of dollars. 1XRP can facilitate 100k reference transactions. Due to scarcity + volume (not even including subjective market value) it's not unrealistic that 1XRP could become worth upwards of $1,000 or more based on the amount of money saved on SWIFT fee's alone.

What do you all think? Maybe $1,000 is low-balling XRP's potential.

I love your optimism, but I think you should consider a few things:

• As @tony71 says, 5T a day. 1,25 QT a year.
  • Further, you can easily use one XRP in multiple transactions. More interesting to look at the current circulating amount on nostro and vostro account. That will give a better reference
  • Ripple is also a software company and Ripple uses a fee for the network. So you canno't compare Western Union charges x fee, with XRP.  Besides that, I think the fee mentioned are the consumer fees not the interbank fees.

I think 20-200 USD max ever.

Hope I am completely wrong ;)

Doesn't SWIFT charge a flat fee of about $1 per transaction inter-bank? The 1k mark won't be met anytime soon, but scarcity resulting from regulated market supply and utilization over time (1XRP burned per 100k transactions) doesn't put the idea of a 1k per token value out of reach in, say, 5 years-ish.

Sign in to follow this