18 minutes ago, XRP_FER_ME said:

And yet they come with a statement that crypto will not be considered 'legal tender' - wonder how they might go about this.  A state-issued coin?

I think this might be apples and oranges - crypto isn't considered legal tender in very many countries, but that doesn't stop XRP usage - it just means that holding XRP is like holding other ForEx instruments. 

Thanks Hodor  ? very informative!

Wow - those v large purchases are promising.

Any way of identifying who ? I think I read an article recently of a 450m txn but that turned out to be Chris Larsen. 

Regarding the cost savings bit - ranging from 33% up to 60% - do you think XRP can only be used as a bridging asset once XRP value stabilises ?

Hi @Hodor, great article once again.

I am very curious to know if you have seen a dramatic uptick in the number of people who have visited and read your blogs. 

Because of the huge increase in media coverage that we have seen in the past month, I would be shocked if this were not the case.  I would imagine a much larger number of people are happening upon your blog when searching out information about Ripple and XRP.

3 hours ago, XRP_Liquid said:

Thanks Hodor  ? very informative!

Wow - those v large purchases are promising.

Any way of identifying who ? I think I read an article recently of a 450m txn but that turned out to be Chris Larsen. 

Regarding the cost savings bit - ranging from 33% up to 60% - do you think XRP can only be used as a bridging asset once XRP value stabilises ?

In terms of identification, I'm not aware that anybody has been able to identify who owns the wallets - please feel free to share a link if you think one of them pertains to Chris Larsen.

Re: XRP's use:  One key thing for you to remember is that XRP value doesn't need to "stabilize" to be used as a bridging asset.  Using XRP in a highly volatile state still helps banks achieve higher savings than not using it.  Here's the progression:

1. 33 % cost savings using xCurrent with ILP and no XRP
  2. 42 % cost savings using XRP in periods of high volatility
  3. 60 % cost savings using XRP in periods of low volatility

Sources: https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-and-xrp-can-cut-banks-global-settlement-costs-up-to-60-percent/

https://ripple.com/files/xrp_cost_model_paper.pdf

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Hodor

8 minutes ago, XRPeteSampras said:

I am very curious to know if you have seen a dramatic uptick in the number of people who have visited and read your blogs. 

It's tripled in the last 30 days. 

My all time record is 41,000 unique readers on one day (December 18, 2017)  The record before that was roughly 15,000 readers in one day. 

Thank you @Hodor! Always great to read these. I'm extremely excited about Ripple's progress. It's a game changer to be able to send money around the globe in seconds. I just can't wrap my thoughts on the impact this will have on global finance and commerce. These are amazing times! 

3 hours ago, Hodor said:

It's tripled in the last 30 days. 

My all time record is 41,000 unique readers on one day (December 18, 2017)  The record before that was roughly 15,000 readers in one day. 

@Hodor's percent rise in blog readership is going to be competing with XRP's percent rise in value in 2018! :P

Hi Hodor ,

Thanks for feedback !

FYI Here’s the link regarding identifying recent 450m payment - it states both wallets (sender & receiver) were linked to Chris Larsen ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/7mwkz9/a_client_bought_450_million_xrp_today/

NB. I’m one of your recent followers - great read ??

I did some digging on the 700m txn you referred to & it seemed to be part of a bigger 1.7b txn done on same day but no ones sure if it’s just moving funds between wallets again. 

I am guessing if an FI or bank really purchases a huge chunk of XRP then Ripple would consider selling from their 55b escrow as an incentive? & hence at a reduced price ? ( with a lock-in of course).  

I’m just speculating on this approach though !

Edited by XRP_Liquid