Sign in to follow this  
xh3b4sd

12 changes that could shake up blockchain in 2018

I found an article somebody shared with me. See https://venturebeat.com/2018/01/01/12-changes-that-could-shake-up-the-blockchain-world-in-2018. I keen on what the community things about this, especially the first point. I have my thoughts but do not want to bias the discussion. It says the following. Please no FUDster comments/opinions, but real arguments at best with sources. 

1. Ripple will lose its luster

People will realize that Ripple is a cool business but that it doesn’t actually require a protocol token to work. There are a number of other protocols (including some VERY high market cap ones) that also don’t require a token to work.  The market will start to weed them out. That said, Ripple will be a valuable company because of the service it provides. It just won’t be a valuable protocol. The protocol multiples are much higher. Disclosure: I previously owned XRP, but don’t hold any now.

I honestly don't listen to any of these becasue in 2017 everyone in crypto said ripple was useless and would never go above .3  well here it is.

The bitcoin/Bitcoin Cash comment is interesting.  I suspect we see bitcoin cash rise (the devs there are really pushing hard to improve/scale it).  

Wouldn't be shocked to see BCH above 10k 

There is another thread discussing this from Monday  

in 2016 they said it would never go above .006, people like papa Deezer, Haraldo, R8, Chopra, Hoder fought the cause time and time again, I'm glad I listened to those guys and not the guys who knew why it was going to fail

Edited by cannylad
misspelling of Hodor

1 hour ago, noncomittal said:

There is another thread discussing this from Monday

Thank you for pointing out. Somehow the search function does not work for me the last days. Somebody else having this problem? /cc @karlos