What in the hell is Tron?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2017/08/12/could-this-millennial-crypto-tech-visionary-be-the-next-jack-ma/#48575afb7064

"
Sun, who has appeared among the ranks of the Forbes China "30 under 30" in both 2015 and 2017 plus Forbes Asia "30 under 30" this year, was personally invited to become one of the first students of Hupan University. Located in Hangzhou in eastern China's Zhejiang Province, the university was founded by Chinese business magnate Jack Ma who has net worth of around $36.4bn....

A year later he joined Ripple and worked as the chief representative of Greater China. He helped Ripple with the successful completion of their first-round financing, which totaled $30m and subsequently it them becoming one of the world's top three virtual currency systems."

From reading the whitepaper it appears as tho they actually want to reinvent the internet. A web 4.0 have you. A place where giant companies like Youtube, Twitter, Facebook and Google don't control the content you view through programmed algorithms and how much a content provider is paid through 'ad-revenue'. The idea is to basically reinstate the original ideals of the internet and to be a place of freedom. Sure, games are a big part of this project, but this also will include websites, places to shop, places to view videos, listen to music, buy music... etc who knows what else, the sky is the limit. They are swinging hard here for something that could potentially be huge and change the world. Their road map clearly states this is a 5-10 year project. They will be having a coin burn soon as well which will bump the price. I like the ideas they are throwing around and the idea of giving the power back to the users and content creators. The users simply decide what is considered good content on the network. Users will be able to pay for content and engage in posts, like, comment, which all add up to a monetary value. Users will accumulate a type of karma rating overtime which dictates how much your engagements are worth. This is calculated by the age of your profile, and frequency of content engagement types. This removes the threat of click-bots and spam profiles. If a profile likes or comments too often the value of those engagements are devalued significantly. If a profile is new it has a lower karma rating. I think it is pretty ingenious. I hope great things happen with Tron.

As mentioned above, Justin Sun, is a Jack Ma (Alibaba) protege and previously worked with Ripple for China. He's building a strong team to take TRON a long way. I don't fully understand the whole concept so I haven't put a lot of dosh into TRX, but it will involve gaming, entertainment, gambling, app development, social interaction etc. a complete online ecosystem. Based on him alone and the team he's pulling together, I suspect this will be a roaring success but like I say, I don't really understand it. Maybe I'm not millenial enough! :)

China's Hollywood dwarf's anything out of L.A. and their gaming industry is mammoth. Disney doesn't even enter the equation here, IMO. The other question I have though, if people earn tokens playing or buy tokens than can transfer them over to someone... I hear a hint of private loans. That would require another layer of regulated maintenance that I don't think China would ever allow. Certainly they would shut down anything related to black money. Overall, TRX is in it's infancy. Yet to be determined if they have enough "umph" to get to the next stage of development. They have already partnered with the bike borrowing program in China... that's huge. It could be big, but not for a few years yet at best.

5 hours ago, ericstaytrue said:

Tron is making me a bunch of money right now. They are supposed to have an announcement coming next week too. Fingers crossed.

There's a partnership announcement today.

• 1 month later...