Ripple on Coinbase

45 minutes ago, biggn said:

I can tell you personally, and I am sure I am not the only one...That since I can no longer buy XRP on Bitstamp ( I don't have a 3D Secure card), that I've been stockpiling ETH and BTC on Coinbase so that I can convert over to XRP as soon as the announcement happens...

Why aren't you sending it to bitstamp and converting the eth to xrp now?  Iv'e done that several times - just have to sell eth to cash, then buy the xrp.

Waiting till the announcement is only going to cost you a lot more.

52 minutes ago, JA8 said:

I think some of you are overstating the impact that a listing on Coinbase would have on XRP. When Ether was added, it took several weeks for the price to react. It was far from an overnight 200% increase which some seem to be expecting. 

Every coin on CB only took 1 year to explode.  Go look at all of them and where they stood Jan 1 of '17.  Kaboom.  They all went to the fkn moon.  The same will happen to XRP.  I firmly believe that.  Now, do they need them?  No.  But, would it help?  Heck yea it would.

31 minutes ago, Grimpler said:

Why aren't you sending it to bitstamp and converting the eth to xrp now?  Iv'e done that several times - just have to sell eth to cash, then buy the xrp.

Waiting till the announcement is only going to cost you a lot more.

Where on CB do I go to do that?  I see my ETH deposit address on Bitstamp, but how do I send it over to it?

Disregard, I got it figured out...How long does that typically take to show up?

Edited by biggn

35 minutes ago, biggn said:

Where on CB do I go to do that?  I see my ETH deposit address on Bitstamp, but how do I send it over to it?

45 days....

j/k like an hour.

53 minutes ago, biggn said:

Make sure you put the destination tag for Bitstamp or it will be lost.

I wonder what effect adding ripple to coinbase will add to the price both immediate (sudden price swings?) and long term and at what price it'll stabilize. We all know their servers aren't the best so will adding ripple handle all the traffic? Not to mention the 'insider trading.' Maybe it will be in their best interest to add ripple at a later time? What does everyone think?

On 1/1/2018 at 8:20 AM, MooseInTime said:

What about that XRP violates the current terms on GDAX, that's a fact. Not a FUDster, just being balanced.

Those rules were written by coinbasae/GDAX, they can be changed/updated anytime, by coinbase/GDAX.

On 1/1/2018 at 8:45 AM, Jdp said:

Top of page 1. 

quote: 

"We reserve the full and absolute discretion to list, not list, or de-list any asset for trading on GDAX regardless of how the criteria in this framework may apply to the asset." 

Basically, Coinbase can do what they want.

For sure.  If you own a business, it is completely up to the owner of the business which product you showcase, and which you don't.  Typically, you go for the products that offer the best returns.

Edited by Ripcurldog