MooseInTime

Glossary - FUDsters, zerpening, HODL etc

Hi all

OK so I know HODL is hold on for dear life, googled that one.

But what are the other terms used on this site? What's a zerpening? and what does FUD stand for?

I've picked up the context from the board contents, but would there please be any chance of a glossary on terms and what they stand for?

Thank you from a newbie!

Edited by MooseInTime

• I think HODL actually started as a drunk typo, much like 'teh'.  But, yeah, many use it to mean hold on for dear life.

if you pronounce XRP a bit fast and inside your mount it sounds a bit like x - zerpie  so that's zerpies (i think), another word for xrp as a currency. And the zerpening is the process of xrp becoming the number 1 standard crypto. Like a few lightyears ago when bitcoin cash started to be pumped  and people where in doubt if the regular bitcoin will crash to zero and bitcoin cash will be the main coin. They called that the flippening, now it's the zerpening

When xrp is going to rise in a couple of days again it will become the largest crypto and the zerpening is a fact. 

Edited by Guest

tip to the OP, you are responsible for your safety of your coins,  you got to ask yourself the question if you want your picture and your first name know to world in combination that you own cryto like you stated. It makes you an easy target. I do it myself but i'm an alpaca, and its fairly known only lama's own crypto

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, poppy said:

tip to the OP, you are responsible for your safety of your coins,  you got to ask yourself the question if you want your picture and your first name know to world in combination that you own cryto like you stated. It makes you an easy target. I do it myself but i'm an alpaca, and its fairly known only lama's own crypto

Fair point, I'm now a juvenile moose

a Fudster is a person part of team of people to manipulate  a market. If there is enough money to be made (and there is gna gna) you can think of some plot that will benefit you. Stock markets are mostly traded by bots and professionals, the crypoto markets are highly emotional and is run largely by easy to manipulate 15 - 45 year old males that spend a lot of time behind the computer.

I would not be surprised if 10 % (complete wild guess) of posts on all the crypto forums are posted  to serve a whale his agenda. Youtube is like 90% fud. never trust anything but news that comes directly from Ripple website or it's clients.

Edited by Guest

Whale: someone with enough buying power to move a price up or down. Maybe someone that made millions in the rise of Bitcoin or someone with a lot of money. How does it work? lets say a price of coin x is 10 dollar. he would put A LOT of buy orders at 11$. He would than just buy up his own orders so he is loosing money but the price goes up to 11$ he would continue that process until there is some energy in the price upwards and people will notice and jump in (FOMO) now the price will go to 20$ The wale will sell his coins and make a huge profit.  Because there is no substantial reason to maintain that high price the price will go down and the whale buys back in at the original price of 10$.  They call this a whale pump and dump. if a coin is new and still has small volume its easy to have complete control over the price for the whales.  the latest examples in my opinion where TRON trx  and maybe also  IOTA.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, MooseInTime said:

Hi all

OK so I know HODL is hold on for dear life, googled that one.

But what are the other terms used on this site? What's a zerpening? and what does FUD stand for?

I've picked up the context from the board contents, but would there please be any chance of a glossary on terms and what they stand for?

Thank you from a newbie!

Lol! I remember when I bought my first #xrp. I signed up with xrpchat right after and a lot of people in here were talking about "zerps" and not "xrp". I was like, "Did I just buy the wrong crypto?" What is "zerps"? Ha ha ha. I was embarrased to ask, but I had to. They told me it's the same crypto. Whew! What a relief! ?