Sign in to follow this  
MooseInTime

Toast wallet is it a cold wallet

Hi all

Is Toast wallet a cold wallet? Doesn't appear many on here use it, they all use Gatehub which I think is a "hot" wallet (as in the opposite).

As a big scheme HODLer I would like to hold them secure and safe somewhere

Do we know how secure Toast is? Like, if it's all a scam could Toast secretly be sending themselves my private keys and plunder it at any time?

Thanks!

As far as I know there have been no reports of any bad actions by ToastWallet.  On the contrary they have been helpful on here many times.  That's not my recommendation of their integrity...  it's just the facts as I know them.

But no...  They are not a cold wallet.  A cold wallet is not ever online.  Not when it's created or ever after.

Have a read of the Our picks tab and the links tab.  Tons of wallet info on there.

Regarding Toast Wallet, is it possible to recover XRP that were stored in the original Ripple Wallets (before everything was transferred to Gatehub)? I checked that account through Toast and it still has my XRP in it.  The wallet got lost to a corrupted OS a couple of years ago, but I still have the account # and passphrase.  I'm hoping to xfer those XRP if and when my gatehub account gets approved.

8 hours ago, ggotnip said:

Regarding Toast Wallet, is it possible to recover XRP that were stored in the original Ripple Wallets (before everything was transferred to Gatehub)? I checked that account through Toast and it still has my XRP in it.  The wallet got lost to a corrupted OS a couple of years ago, but I still have the account # and passphrase.  I'm hoping to xfer those XRP if and when my gatehub account gets approved.

I think there is a well established well used method via Gatehub.....   I've seen it mentioned on here occasionally but because it's before my time I didn't pay enough attention to steer you.

Try looking through the tabs I mentioned above...     Our Picks and Links....  I bet one or both has info on it there somewhere.

Yes, that's where I had an account.  However, I already signed up at gatehub, and when I try to migrate the old Ripple Trade account, it doesn't work.  Gatehub just takes to me to my new account which is still pending.  I'm probably going to lose the 172 xrp I had on Ripple Trade and have no way to transfer 20 xrp to the new account on Gatehub to activate it.  If my new account ever gets approved, I'll try to sort it out then.

Edited by ggotnip

Yeah I'm thinking it's possible that you will be all sorted when Gatehub get out from under their backlog.