Jump to content
engine44

Safari/Key Bug Update

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, engine44 said:

Has this technical issue been resolved?  Thanks.

We don't know exactly what caused this bug.

It looks like only ancient versions of ripple-lib have this bug, but more recent versions (starting with versions published way before this bug was reported on this forum) work ok.

RL has added some code in ripple-lib which could catch such bugs in browsers.

(this is the state from the last time I looked at this problem).

The main problem with this bug is that some wallets (notably Jatchilli's wallet) still use ancient versions of ripple-lib.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, T8493 said:

We don't know exactly what caused this bug.

It looks like only ancient versions of ripple-lib have this bug, but more recent versions (starting with versions published way before this bug was reported on this forum) work ok.

RL has added some code in ripple-lib which could catch such bugs in browsers.

(this is the state from the last time I looked at this problem).

The main problem with this bug is that some wallets (notably Jatchilli's wallet) still use ancient versions of ripple-lib.

What wallet(s) would you recommend for the generation of new keys?  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, engine44 said:

What wallet(s) would you recommend for the generation of new keys?  Thanks.

A locally running rippled server on an offline computer that also has a hardware random generator (a cheap one like this for example already helps a lot: http://ubld.it/truerng_v3) feeding into its system entropy pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sukrim said:

A locally running rippled server on an offline computer that also has a hardware random generator (a cheap one like this for example already helps a lot: http://ubld.it/truerng_v3) feeding into its system entropy pool.

This new C++ library doesn't have a command line tool which would generate a secret key?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep the last update in the footer of the wallet I created here, so you can always have a sense if it's using the latest ripplelib etc (on top of just viewing its github source):
https://www.theworldexchange.net/

In general, I would check the last commit on a wallet's github repository along with what version ripplelib to see if it matches Ripple's official latest here:
https://github.com/ripple/ripple-lib/releases

Some wallets though, especially older ones, write their own custom code instead of Ripple's, which makes it harder to confirm if it's up to date or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
4 minutes ago, pftq said:

I keep the last update in the footer of the wallet I created here, so you can always have a sense if it's using the latest ripplelib etc (on top of just viewing its github source

Cool.   And good.   Does that mean that theworldexchange is therefore OK to use even in safari?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
19 minutes ago, pftq said:

Yes

Thank you sir for your ongoing helpfulness....   and I am glad I decided to pay per word.....     :) 

(just joking with you...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any update on that bug that caused some wallets on gatehub to become “watch only”? Gatehub is unable to fix the issue and they have passed it on to other people. It would be great to get an update on that issue and when we can expect a solution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seriously... nobody knows anything? and how/when we will have our funds from the buggy watch only wallets?

can’t believe the lack of information on that issue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gatehub is not being very helpful at the moment. I have been in touch with them through private message and they say they cannot access the wallet. 

what bothers me is that last year users were encountering that problem and @enej was helping out users and refunding the broken wallets caused by their buggy platform. now @gatehub refuses to refund and isn’t telling why they have now a different policy towards that bug. Am i really the only user here who has this problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...