Life after XRP: How to Make Your Money, Make You Money.

TinyRick

18 hours ago, Noovy said:

LOL I purchased the domain www.zerpening.com for my Ripple blog. Maybe one day it'll be worth something...

Perhaps I should invest in TheWinkening.com, as once the 'winkening' comes to fruition it will be of such monumental, earth shattering significance (XRP>$50), it would have deserved the right to live on in the webisphere of the interwebs for all time.

T.W.

On 12/30/2017 at 4:58 PM, MarcusAurelius said:

Exactly, it's very easy with a mix of bond indexes and high quality large-cap dividend paying stocks to make 5% per year in passive income (if you are okay with more risk 7-9% is possible subject to market crashes etc.). So if you have a million dollars of capital, you can effortlessly make 50k per year at  5% in passive income taxed only at 15% cap gains rate. I would never quit my job because I am a teacher and I love teaching, plus I enjoy the middle class lifestyle (i.e. I have little taste for the extravagant luxuries of the rich), but would use my wealth on travel and quality of life upgrades for my home, savings, children etc. I rather admire the fact that Warren Buffet never moved into a rich person's mansion, and eschews luxuries, but retains his first home (5 bedroom 2.5 bath) he bought in 1958 in Omaha. An extra 50k per year for life is fine for me, maybe skim off the top of the principle for kids' college and what not. Another option would be to buy income properties and rent them, but if you don't have the appetite for managing properties it's a real pain in the arse. If you have read the major books on stock investing-- I highly recommend the little one by Vanguard founder John Bogle "Little Book of Common Sense Investing: The Only Way to Guarantee Your Fair Share of Stock Market Returns"--equity/bond passive income portfolio is the way to go. Never touch your capital, just live off the froth. 

I ot into the crypto game in mid October.  My first plan was to invest in XRP, I had done ALOT of reading about the different coins and what each was offering and felt Ripple matched my interests.  When I first checked the per ripple price it was at .23 USD.  Unfortunately what I i didnt research enough was which exchange to use and how to start investing in XRP.  This led to me just investing in BTC and ETH to start.  I made a couple hundred off of BTC, it was at this point i finally figured out how to invest in XRP, the price was now at .74.  I invested what I could and now my goal is to invest in a few hundred more XRP, the price surge is hurting.  HA.  But I love my gains so far.  I'll be reading this John Bogle book in the near future, and I am working on my exit game now even though I plan on HODLing for a few years.

I have slightly different ideas if Ripple makes me rich

1. Ensure that my mother will have a nice retirement.

2. Put some Money in etfs every month (already doing it)

3. Experiment with copy trading on Etoro, let others work for me :P

4. My Cousin is a farmer in Croatia and has huge ideas, would like to financially Support him and build a Business =)

5. Buy a house on the beach in Croatia, one part will be for me and the rest for tourists etc...

6. Open a gym

7. Invest in other cryptos or whatever will be interesting by then

For me it's about passive income. I don't see a scenario where I will quit my day job.

I'd either buy a few rental properties or find a financial advisor to guide me through the investment process.

I really enjoyed reading through the great information in this thread.

Great topic. I have started the same thought process myself, but aint quite there yet. So I appreciate the examples.
On a side note, I'm quite curious as to what amount of money you believe that these dreams require? Is it €500k, €1mil, €2mil, etc? At what point are you satisfied for cashing out the XRP, and putting the funds into other investments?

I myself just turned 26 and a newly graduate, and therefore just started my career. My current financial responsibilities are quite low. I have often thought about just buying the condo that me and my girlfriend lives in (owned by her parents), which equates to around €500k. But I've also heard that it might be better to only pay 20%, and get the remaining 80% as a credit (with the current low rates for buying property in Denmark), and then invest the remaining.

• 3 months later...
On 12/30/2017 at 4:15 PM, teddybear said:

I'm gonna share the good s h i t:

Where I'll put my hard zerped cash:

http://www.preussen-hohenberg.com/GMP.html

This baby here:

http://www.preussen-hohenberg.com/Global-Macro.pdf

Thank me later. When you make uncorrelated 20-30% per year.

@fourthjohn @Mercury @Ripple-Stiltskin @Tinyaccount @Xilobyte @RegalChicken @zenkert

@jdimstrnate @Global @jcdenton

I messaged you with questions about this and never got a response. Trying you here.

If anyone else can help answer questions about this that would be fantastic, thank you.

Edited by BelieveInXRP

1 hour ago, BelieveInXRP said:

I messaged you with questions about this and never got a response. Trying you here.

If anyone else can help answer questions about this that would be fantastic, thank you.

He was banned like Ripplestiltskin said. Try twitter, his handle is dabiggapicture.