XRPwatusow

Heavy FUD is coming!! Bringing the wider crypto community together

3 minutes ago, MilNoslen said:

I was thinking this. No matter what, they'll twist it. I was trying to come up of a solid answer on how the zerps are decentralized. I don't have the right words to explain it without looking stupid.

You could ask one of the top contributors for a link or even reach out to @JoelKatz?

Just now, XRPwatusow said:

You could ask one of the top contributors for a link or even reach out to @JoelKatz?

I tried for broad search in this forum for "decentralized" and oddly enough no topics or threads come up...As I typed this, I rechecked the search function and saw there's an "advanced search." My nooblet colors are showing. I finally found a sh*tload of topics with the phrase in it. Now I just have to read and compile a concise answer for a 2 minute conversation.

3 minutes ago, MilNoslen said:

I tried for broad search in this forum for "decentralized" and oddly enough no topics or threads come up...As I typed this, I rechecked the search function and saw there's an "advanced search." My nooblet colors are showing. I finally found a sh*tload of topics with the phrase in it. Now I just have to read and compile a concise answer for a 2 minute conversation.

https://ripple.com/dev-blog/decentralization-strategy-update/

8 minutes ago, MilNoslen said:

WP-Understanding-Blockchain-Consensus-Mo

34 minutes ago, amulecregg said:

Yes indeed. Where to start on that one? Lol. Better write a whole separate article!

14 minutes ago, MilNoslen said:

but what's this? Is this the title of a topic to search?

Oops, here is the link again: https://www.persistent.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/WP-Understanding-Blockchain-Consensus-Models.pdf

Edited by XRPwatusow

@XRPwatusow

From what I understand from reading the Ripple Dev Blog, Ripple with slowly remove their own validators  for public validators deemed fit to take over. Thus, the validation chain become decentralized. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone is welcome to help!

Edit 1: Also, how do I properly tag people so their names come up all blue and shiney? I tried to do it the first time and your name comes up as plain text. NVM, I couldn't copy and paste you name for the @ tag. I had to type it in first for the function to work. Nooblet learning still.

Edited by MilNoslen

6 minutes ago, MilNoslen said:

@XRPwatusow

From what I understand from reading the Ripple Dev Blog, Ripple with slowly remove their own validators  for public validators deemed fit to take over. Thus, the validation chain become decentralized. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone is welcome to help!

Edit 1: Also, how do I properly tag people so their names come up all blue and shiney? I tried to do it the first time and your name comes up as plain text. NVM, I couldn't copy and paste you name for the @ tag. I had to type it in first for the function to work. Nooblet learning still.

The ledger will indeed become more decentralized than it is at the moment and we can already state that Ripple does not have majority control over the consensus process at this stage. The way I understand it, there are degrees of decentralization and the goal here is to reduce the points of failure in the network as much as possible to counter attacks and decrease the need for trust. 

I also type in @ for the peeps names. Not sure there is another way.