Jump to content
Guest1

XRP overtakes BTC as the largest cryptocurrency!!!

Recommended Posts

XRP at $2.47 has overtaken BTC as the largest cryptocurrency by available supply of just under $247 billion compared to BTC's $241 billion.

https://ripple.com/xrp/market-performance/

image.thumb.png.7089ef9d07a18d9326fd649a53164971.png

Cmc measure is based on circulating supply which is incorrect. Brad Garlinghouse himself said the correct way is to use the total supply which is close to $100bn:

 

Here is the appropriate link from coinmarketcap:

https://coinmarketcap.com/coins/views/market-cap-by-total-supply/

 

Edited by Streamliner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WAHOO!!!  I knew this idea was a winner BACK in September when XRP sold for $0.1732456!!  Now can we PLEASE get some US banks or credit unions to allow XRP liquid deposits!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SneakyFish5 said:

If we go by total market supply though, we also get random coins like Valorbit, Solarcoin, and ATMCoin as well. So not sure how viable that is.

https://gyazo.com/846be49d8ae568ba4ebffdbe835dfc5d

Yup market cap is just an indicator of relative size of cryptocurrency but by no means a limiting factor.

 

You can already remove those coins that you mentioned as you know they are not relevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Streamliner said:

Yup market cap is just an indicator of relative size of cryptocurrency but by no means a limiting factor.

 

You can already remove those coins that you mentioned as you know they are not relevant.

But you said:

Quote

Cmc measure is based on circulating supply which is incorrect.

So if we take that statement and apply to all coins, that's what happens. Can't just exclude coins based on your opinion of "relevancy" when we are comparing market cap. I'm just trying to point out how circulating supply IS the real indication of market cap because of supply and demand as well. If 100b tokens were circulating on the market, the price most likely not be where it is at right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SneakyFish5 said:

But you said:

So if we take that statement and apply to all coins, that's what happens. Can't just exclude coins based on your opinion of "relevancy" when we are comparing market cap. I'm just trying to point out how circulating supply IS the real indication of market cap because of supply and demand as well. If 100b tokens were circulating on the market, the price most likely not be where it is at right now.

The discrepancy between circulating and available supply reduces with increasing liquidity. So relevance comes in via liquidity. However, I understand where you are coming from. It's different point of views.

 

From what I understand, Brad Garlinghouse & Co and Bloomberg takes available supply as a preferred metric. However you are if course welcome to gauge based on circulating supply.

Edited by Streamliner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SneakyFish5 said:

But you said:

So if we take that statement and apply to all coins, that's what happens. Can't just exclude coins based on your opinion of "relevancy" when we are comparing market cap. I'm just trying to point out how circulating supply IS the real indication of market cap because of supply and demand as well. If 100b tokens were circulating on the market, the price most likely not be where it is at right now.

Check the market cap here directly from Ripple:

https://ripple.com/xrp/market-performance/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...