I'm starting to think that the problem might be with gatehub and not with Ripple because when I go to Ripple and retrieve my secret key. Everything seems to be correct and working, I put in my username and password and I get my secret key on Ripple. But when I want to migrate to Gatehub it tells me user does not exist and secret key is invalid.

The minimum balance you need to have on Gatehub depends on a few factors.  You need at least 20 XRP to keep your Ripple wallet active.  You also need 5 XRP for each gateway/trust line you have established.  Additionally, you need 5 XRP for any trade you have open.  You could easily be required to have a "reserve" of 40 XRP without much effort.

Yes, you can import your GateHub Ripple wallet into another wallet and delete your GateHub account, but you'll still be under the same restrictions.

I had the same issue as you.  I get a feeling that even if you can RECEIVE international text messages, I don't think that GateHub can SEND international text messages.

21 minutes ago, mrcarrot said:

The minimum balance you need to have on Gatehub depends on a few factors.  You need at least 20 XRP to keep your Ripple wallet active.  You also need 5 XRP for each gateway/trust line you have established.  Additionally, you need 5 XRP for any trade you have open.  You could easily be required to have a "reserve" of 40 XRP without much effort.

Yes, you can import your GateHub Ripple wallet into another wallet and delete your GateHub account, but you'll still be under the same restrictions.

Oh I see thanks and about gateways, i have BTC,Ethereum enabled, if I disable them can I spent then some XRP?

Wow thank you @at3n Something as simple as a hidden functionality that reverses direction did the trick. Thank you thank you !!! :) Its a user interface that makes no sense - it would make sense if one could choose the same currencies in the from and to box. But not when I have 3 in the from box and 10 in the to box. Well, does not matter anymore. I am very happy. Thank you again :)

59 minutes ago, merdianii said:

Oh I see thanks and about gateways, i have BTC,Ethereum enabled, if I disable them can I spent then some XRP?

Not recommended if you plan to enable them again in the future, but yes.

Can anyone on here recommend the most cost effective and easiest way to convert 5000xrp to GBP. Currently in gatehub wallet.

Not looking to sell now but i bought them at 0.24 and forgot about them and want to know how to get my money out when the time is right.

Thanks for ur help.

Dear community,

When I want to import my ripple account on Gatehub through putting in my secret key Gatehub tells me secret key invalid (when u start typing it it is always on invalid but when u finished typing it out it should be ok but it still says invalid). 

Does anyone of you know anyone on here from Gatehub that I can reach out to for support/help? (They aren't replying to my emails) 

Kind Regards, 

Edited by Jam

@JoelKatz Do u think it says "secret key invalid" because something is wrong with my ripple account or because something is wrong with Gatehub?

kind regards. 

@Dinoizzy I personally would convert XRP into ETH on gatehub, transfer the ETH to Coinbase, and sell it for GBP there.  I'm not a fan of trying to get fiat currency out of all of these different exchanges, especially GateHub.  If you run into any issues, Coinbase customer support at least responds within a reasonable amount of time.