JNYC

Soft Bank-Uber investment

Hello fellow XRP-Ripple HODLERS. I have been watching and reading the Chat since June 2017. Watching and waiting for Ripple to start getting the recognition it deserves has been well worth it. I am wondering what the Sr. members here think of the 20% investment that Softbank has just taken in Uber. I think that this is one of those Partnerships that we have been waiting to hear that will blow the lid off the price of XRP. This paves the pathway for uses that go well beyond the needs of financial institutions.

https://www.google.com.ua/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/12/28/softbank-uber-investment-tender-offer-announced.html

Quote: "The deal also adds to SoftBank's growing ride-hailing portfolio. SoftBank is an investor Didi Chuxing, the majority owner of Uber's China operations, and has also backed Grab, a ride-hailing company in Southeast Asia, as well as India's Ola."

Edited by WillGetThere
Quote added

1 hour ago, JNYC said:

Hello fellow XRP-Ripple HODLERS. I have been watching and reading the Chat since June 2017. Watching and waiting for Ripple to start getting the recognition it deserves has been well worth it. I am wondering what the Sr. members here think of the 20% investment that Softbank has just taken in Uber. I think that this is one of those Partnerships that we have been waiting to hear that will blow the lid off the price of XRP. This paves the pathway for uses that go well beyond the needs of financial institutions.

If SBI just acquired a percentage of UBER... um, yeah, everybody just stay here.  I've got to take out a second mortgage and buy more XRP.  :JC_thinking:

5 hours ago, XRPwatusow said:

Softbank and SBI parted ways in 2006

No problem @XRPwatusow  Are you basing this off of the same link I am:

http://www.sbigroup.co.jp/english/company/information/history.html

August

A wholly-owned subsidiary of SoftBank Corp. (majority shareholder) sold its shares in the Company, thereby the Company is no longer an equity-method affiliate of SoftBank Corp.

Above quote is from 2006.