Chewiecoin

The "HODL to $100 Club"

1 minute ago, XRPisVELOCITY said:

Mods_are_tyrants, jasil or whatever he calls himself these days needs to be banned for trolling every single thread with his crap.  I'm open to both sides of the discussion, but his agenda is getting sickening and old really quick.  He's nothing more then a virus that needs to be eradicated from the boards.

I second this.

3 minutes ago, XRPisVELOCITY said:

Mods_are_tyrants, jasil or whatever he calls himself these days needs to be banned for trolling every single thread with his crap.  I'm open to both sides of the discussion, but his agenda is getting sickening and old really quick.  He's nothing more then a virus that needs to be eradicated from the boards.

I agree.

Placed him/her on ignore some time ago.

You should see my ignore list, surprisingly large. Lots of trolls and FUDsters plaguing this board.

One, “Truth Bombs” was banned from Discord a couple days back. Ended up finding him here as “Fregatta”. Placed him on ignore. Decided to watch Alex Cobb’s live stream today and guess who I see being a FUDster in YouTube chat? Mr. Truth Bombs, parroting the same garbage he has been on Discord and here.

That’s some passion.

I wasn’t on the forum around the May 2017 increase. Did these trolls all come on here when it dropped back to around 20c, preaching how it will never go above 40c again?

5 minutes ago, BelieveInXRP said:

I agree.

Placed him/her on ignore some time ago.

You should see my ignore list, surprisingly large. Lots of trolls and FUDsters plaguing this board.

One, “Truth Bombs” was banned from Discord a couple days back. Ended up finding him here as “Fregatta”. Placed him on ignore. Decided to watch Alex Cobb’s live stream today and guess who I see being a FUDster in YouTube chat? Mr. Truth Bombs, parroting the same garbage he has been on Discord and here.

That’s some passion.

It's become pointless to ignore because everyone continues to quote him (it).  I don't even want to look at other threads because I have to see his (it's) quotes constantly.  He's (it's) smart enough not to break any rules, but I think bs trolling should be enough to get the boot.

23 minutes ago, XRPisVELOCITY said:

It's become pointless to ignore because everyone continues to quote him (it).  I don't even want to look at other threads because I have to see his (it's) quotes constantly.  He's (it's) smart enough not to break any rules, but I think bs trolling should be enough to get the boot.

Say's he owns XRP but is very negative. Sometimes will say the price will go to like 1.50. it's a sly way to still be negative. Who thinks we'll only see 1.50 when the all time high was above 3$? He's playing the game. I would not be surprised if he's being paid to troll...

Edited by Guest
Spelling

Wow...…….a lot of conspiracy theory going on. If XRP spiked to 1.50 tonight I think everyone would be pretty freaking happy!

For the people who have replied with well thought out rebuttals to my opinon, thank you, for the ones who just like to hear about to da moon, lambo cometh, and $400 is imminentI feel it. I don't share your sentiment.

I will limit my posting and make everyone happy!

1 hour ago, XRPisVELOCITY said:

I share your frustration. I try and discuss as much as possible with them but eventually they do my head in and I just put them on Ignore.  Life is better that way when you reach that point of frustration

53 minutes ago, Trader-to-the-Crown said:

There absolutely are. They mainly hit /r/cryptocurrency on Reddit because its easy to poison the well there since it has so many newcomers.

So a word to any newbies more recent posters be aware of some (not all) of the negative posters. 

Remember not all counter arguments are FUD from trolls. If your smart and spend some time here you’ll be able to identify the trolls from the genuine posters who may have a different argument. 

Whilst I started this Club as a bit of fun hoping that one day we could reach $100 and whilst I honestly still believe that I want to make sure we all realise how hard it’s going to be to HODL to $100 and maybe that’s not the best strategy. 

I really want you guys to read this excellent post from @JA8  

Its from this thread:

I encourage you to read the thread as most of it (there is some FUD) is excellent regarding tiered sell strategies.

JA8 specifically said:

No, I had a little over 1.1m XRP and sold about 850k of them, making about $1.5m USD at the time. I didn’t sell the top of the run - I waited for the first bounce after the first (terrifying) plummet. It was hard to hold through that. 

I’m thankful I no longer have to watch the price like a hawk, and I’m able to sleep through the night now without waking up every five minutes to check the price.

With the amount I have left, if I sell half at $12.50 (which I anticipate later this year or early next year) then that’s another $1.5m ish. Then if it reaches $25, and if I sell another half at that point then that’s about another $1.5m, and so on. 

One thing I’ve learned since being in crypto since 2013... it is to sell out in tranches. Secure your position. Holding your entire stack all the way to X price point then cashing out everything might make you more, yes, but it could also lose you everything. The sleepless nights, stress, effect on relationships etc etc just isn’t worth it. Hope that helps someone

This is excellent advice and something I hope to do some day.

By taking our fun oath it means you are here for the long haul. That you won’t panic sell on a dip. That hopefully you will still be holding some zerps at $100.

It doesn’t mean you can’t sell some on the way through.