Q4 xRapid Partnerships

41 minutes ago, jag216 said:

The fact that there are xRapid partners being brought on in Q4 is not a question - the question is when they are allowed to discuss those partnerships in public.

Ripple partners may have their own restrictions regarding when and where announcements are made regarding their partnerships, particularly if they are publicly traded.

Ripple is working with many companies and many calendars - let's be a little fair about this.

@jag216 I am personally quite relaxed about the future of Ripple and XRP. What I am not relaxed about is when @JoelKatz or anyone of the Ripple company reports in Q3 that they would report 2 new customers (I beleive Xrapid or 2 household names...whatever) in Q4.

Community members are dissapointed that they have not heared anything about this and are quite rightly wondering when this communication will take place...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’re not a shareholder, you’re a speculator.  Why do you feel that entitles you to an explanation from Ripple on anything?   This is big boy business, not kiddy crypto land.  Maybe something ca

The irony is real here.

There are 2 days left in “Q4” and we haven’t seen any xRapid partnership announcements. If they hit tomorrow or Friday (although I can’t imagine why you would announce anything on a Friday), then grea

Posted Images

1 hour ago, CryptoGerrie said:

Correct me if I am wrong. But I think the promise that Xrapid partnerships will be released in Q4. So already existing partnerships known of in Q3, have been kept secret and will be released in Q4...

That for me is relevant, not as "shareholder", but I do have a big load of XRP.

Again, I personally don't mind IF it is Q1 2018 or Q2 , but I do have problems with not keeping your promise. 

It wasn’t a promise. It was a statement.

are we talking calendar or fiscal? 

Are we talking twitter or q report?

I really want to know what people are expecting here?

Large numbers of so called xrp supporters and hodlers call SWELL a non event. As if giving banking and payment options to the poorest in the world in conjunction with possibly the largest tech firm on the planet, was a non event. As if having SWIFTS clientele there and talking about xrp wasn’t huge. To see what i’m talking about review what the SEB rep actually said. The general consensus is that she said xrp is useless. She actually said that they don’t see use for it yet if there are not many fis on xrapid YET! Important distinction yet one that is decidedly ignored, like so much of the news from Ripple.

so what im trying to say is what are you expecting? It seems counterintuitive to accuse someone of not doing something before the time they said they would do it.

btw i’m not trying to say anything abot you in particular, it’s just that i don’t understand the antagonistic attitude some people here have towards Ripple leadership as if they could do better. Especially when it comes to marketing and announcements. How many people here have ever taken on a marketing campaign of any kind?

1 minute ago, FUDFatigue said:

It wasn’t a promise. It was a statement.

are we talking calendar or fiscal? 

Are we talking twitter or q report?

I really want to know what people are expecting here?

Large numbers of so called xrp supporters and hodlers call SWELL a non event. As if giving banking and payment options to the poorest in the world in conjunction with possibly the largest tech firm on the planet, was a non event. As if having SWIFTS clientele there and talking about xrp wasn’t huge. To see what i’m talking about review what the SEB rep actually said. The general consensus is that she said xrp is useless. She actually said that they don’t see use for it yet if there are not many fis on xrapid YET! Important distinction yet one that is decidedly ignored, like so much of the news from Ripple.

so what im trying to say is what are you expecting? It seems counterintuitive to accuse someone of not doing something before the time they said they would do it.

btw i’m not trying to say anything abot you in particular, it’s just that i don’t understand the antagonistic attitude some people here have towards Ripple leadership as if they could do better. Especially when it comes to marketing and announcements. How many people here have ever taken on a marketing campaign of any kind?

Yes you could debate all of that... But Q4 is Q4, as Q3 is Q3. Nothing to do with fiscal years. But more important.... you have to be clear if you are as big as Ripple. That's my point. Crystal clear in communication, so every amateur (like myself) understands. Especially in the current CryptoCurrency world, where messages are more encrypted sometimes then the actual coin. Look at Verge etc.. the convention is complete lack of straight and clear communication. So if you want to stand out, be clear in your communication.  And again I love Ripple, I do appreciate involvement in the community. But i don't like the things around the household names and the Xrapid Q4 announcement.  You don't want to follow the rest of crypto's by doing such. Illegal it even if XRP was a stock on a regular stock market.

I hear you on SWELL, but for me this if off-topic. I loved Swell, was better then I expected. 

How many people here have ever taken on a marketing campaign of any kind?

I Actually did. Worked 20 years on several global campaigns from household brand to global sport performance brands . But from a branding perfective Ripple does an excellent job, from a comm & pr perfective they can learn a lot.

8 minutes ago, Ripplezzzz said:

From what I understand @JoelKatz tweeted about the partnership and 'apologized'  for the statement in advance. 

No, that was about 2 household names and a joke about the date of mooning. 

We’re talking about the report of third quarter here. New XRapid partners will be announced in Q4. ( not related to tweets from Joel). 

But they have to stop hyping if they don’t want yelling speculators or continue and accept there will be speculations and disappointments all over the place. 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin
1 hour ago, Ripplezzzz said:

Imho opinion there are a lot of people in here who are impatience and want things now, demanding it and are crying about it,  stamping their feet like little children do if they do not get what they want. 

agreed, it has steered me away from stopping at this site daily. these are the same people who had tantrums after SWELL. I saw the great benefit of SWELL and the benefit of constant media exposure. A couple weeks ago there was a live demonstration of Ripple/XRP on a Japan news station. constant news, Q/A sessions, forum/interactions, steady price increase...what more do some want?

the train is gaining momentum. 

1 hour ago, jag216 said:

The fact that there are xRapid partners being brought on in Q4 is not a question - the question is when they are allowed to discuss those partnerships in public.

Ripple partners may have their own restrictions regarding when and where announcements are made regarding their partnerships, particularly if they are publicly traded.

Ripple is working with many companies and many calendars - let's be a little fair about this.

Totally agree! How often in business are deadlines and target dates pushed back? All if the time. There are many moving parts here and it is a delicate balance with NDA's and high profile partnerships. No need to jump ahead of themselves or their partners. I don't care when they are announced. If they are working together that is all I care about. I think a ton of great things are happening behind the scenes. In 3 years we won't care if announcements came Q4 of 2017 or Q2 of 2018. 

Impatience is all this is. I don't know if people really understand just how long it would take to make these kind of returns in a traditional investment vehicle. If they did they wouldn't be up in arms about instant gratification this last week of 2017

3 hours ago, Tripple said:

Ripple doesn't exist to make you a millionaire. If they don't release further partnership information this quarter then there's likely to be a valid reason for not doing so. 

Moreover, it's been a phenomenal quarter; AMEX, Escrow, Swell, Caullix (first xRapid application), so I think a number of folk here need to start zooming out! 

Why bother packing further announcements into Q4 '17 when you can release them in Q1 '18 and start the year off in a strong fashion?

Because they said they would. That's the whole point here. I feel like there's a disconnect about that point for some people here. If they didn't say they would be released this quarter, guess what, this thread wouldn't exist. Does anyone understand that?

Guys - Let me spell out a simple concept. If you say things are going to happen, and they don’t, it undermines the integrity of future communications, ultimately creating a negative affect on the associated traded asset’s value. It doesn’t matter if it’s a stock or a cryptocurrency. 
I’m obviously a significant investor in xrp, but these communication missteps need to be cleaned up. Hopefully, the guy from the book of faces can help with this.
To begin with, you are not an investor if you spent your money on xrp. The investors spent their money on Ripple. You are a speculator, and while Ripple does appreciate the faith you've placed in their business model, nobody really cares about you until you sell. Which you are welcome to do. Q4 announcement whatever, they are steaming ahead.
15 minutes ago, Troublemecca said:

You are a speculator, and while Ripple does appreciate the faith you've placed in their business model, nobody really cares about you u

Sorry to disagree on your first post, no offense intended.

Ripple in fact does care about the community and they are showing it too. 

Financially they also have an interest in a higher price, they have a war chest and are paying operating expenses out of XRP sales at the moment. 

My own opinion is that the XRP 3rd Quarter report is pretty clear - and it happened after Cuallix and specifically calls out the Cuallix announcement separately. 

Does it make a difference to me if they announce in Q4 2017 vs. Q1 2018?  Not one bit.  I didn't sell when we flew past $1, and not hearing the two household names yet is actually one more reason people are intrigued and buying it up... for all I care, Ripple should keep it a secret for even one more quarter!  :D  Look at the effect on the market.  :JC_thinking:

But joking aside, if there's a statement in the Q3 markets report, at least provide an update... if not the announcement... by the end of Q4.  That's what I expect will happen. 

Edited by Hodor
4 minutes ago, Hodor said:

My own opinion is that the XRP 3rd Quarter report is pretty clear - and it happened after Cuallix and specifically calls out the Cuallix announcement separately. 

Does it make a difference to me if they announce in Q4 2017 vs. Q1 2018?  Not one bit.  I didn't sell when we flew past $1, and not hearing the two household names yet is actually one more reason people are intrigued and buying it up... for all I care, Ripple should keep it a secret for even one more quarter!  :D  Look at the effect on the market.  :JC_thinking:

But joking aside, if there's a statement in the Q3 markets report, at least provide an update... if not the announcement... by the end of Q4.  That's what I expect will happen. 

I agree with you, but as a matter of continual improvement this kind of miscommunication needs to be cleaned up. It's pretty simple.

14 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I think it makes sense for Ripple to announce all news via press release or quarterly report in order for this market to closer match the norms of regulated markets. Don’t get me wrong, on a personal level I love when individuals on the Ripple team drop info and thoughts via twitter... but play time is over. If they missed a milestone or had a delay, announce it in the quarterly.

5 minutes ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

I think it makes sense for Ripple to announce all news via press release or quarterly report in order for this market to closer match the norms of regulated markets. Don’t get me wrong, on a personal level I love when individuals on the Ripple team drop info and thoughts via twitter... but play time is over. If they missed a milestone or had a delay, announce it in the quarterly.

I wouldn't mind it in the quarterly report either.  The announcement itself doesn't change anything for me personally.