Transfer XRP from Bitstamp to Nano S

1 hour ago, XRPcalling said:

My only other question is, isnt the Chrome App a possible trojan horse? Ive heard even if our home computer has a virus, it would not affect the Nano, but utilizing an App from Chrome sounds like the one link in the chain. Does the Ledger team constantly put out new versions/ check for errors / check for vulnerabilities with the chrome app?

Correct me if i am wrong. 

my understanding is that the nano works as a physical authorization when you want to send. the "Ledger Manager" is only used to download an application to the nano. then with the additional desktop software application such as "Ledger Wallet Ripple" you can manage your wallet with the XRP. if you want to send that XRP, a prompt will display across your nano to confirm whether you authorize the transaction or not.

so if something were to happen with your computer and someone created a transaction, they wouldnt be able to send because your physical devices isn't connected to authorize transaction

5 hours ago, XRPcalling said:

Yes i know. Ive looked at them all. There must be one variable I am simply not understanding which is hindering me from setting it up. 

Plus, every video seems to omit one important step either because the person coughs at the exact moment they say it, or the camera shakes right when I need to see it

Get a Toast Wallet on your phone. Fast and easy. Then once you figure out the Nano, transfer it there. (Leave about 21 to keep your Wallet activates)

• 2 months later...
On 12/27/2017 at 10:04 AM, XRPcalling said:

Great responses. I will break all of them down into one instructional pamphlet for myself. 

Could you possibly post this pamphlet you have created as it would be very helpful to me since I use Bitstamp and plan on getting a nano s very soon. Thank you!

One important thing, that is left out. 

Do not forget the tag , you do not need it for incoming transactions to nano, but need for sending from it, and in order to see the needed space to enter it , you have to press “advanced settings “ on the bottom of the ledger app when in sending mode. And always check the sending address with the one on the ledger, before pressing buttons. There is a button with a  ? , it shows the address. If it’s different from the one on the ledger lcd, you are being hacked.

All you need is to setup your ledger nano (plenty of videos on youtube), download the app, get your XRP wallet address from within the app and then go to Bitstamp and send the coins to that address. Also check the "No Tag" box or just enter 0 when sending.

Also if you want to check if everything is OK with the Nano and theXRP address is the same if needed to reset your ledger, then reset your Nano by entering the wrong PIN 5 times then when starting up, choose restore wallet and put the same 24 words seed. If the XRP address is the same then you can proceed to send your money from Bitstamp. My advice is to send at least 25 XRP, then send back to Bitstamp 5 XRP (don`t forget the TAG required by Bitstamp). If it will go through then you can send the rest of your XRP to your Nano. Sorry for my english.

19 hours ago, noucktourno said:

All you need is to setup your ledger nano (plenty of videos on youtube), download the app, get your XRP wallet address from within the app and then go to Bitstamp and send the coins to that address. Also check the "No Tag" box or just enter 0 when sending.

Also if you want to check if everything is OK with the Nano and theXRP address is the same if needed to reset your ledger, then reset your Nano by entering the wrong PIN 5 times then when starting up, choose restore wallet and put the same 24 words seed. If the XRP address is the same then you can proceed to send your money from Bitstamp. My advice is to send at least 25 XRP, then send back to Bitstamp 5 XRP (don`t forget the TAG required by Bitstamp). If it will go through then you can send the rest of your XRP to your Nano. Sorry for my english.

You have great english!