nicktemple

XRP $5000 - $10,000 I must be crazy right.

3 hours ago, sven12345 said:

You are free to have your opinion here. I would be more then happy to see XRP worth $3-5. I't might even be worth some more in the future cause it has a lot of potential. But $100 or more are very unreal predictions in my opinion.

But this is exactly the pessimistic view I and many had about Bitcoin when it came out... Now look at it. And it has a fraction of the potential that Ripple and XRP have. We all have our opinions I guess. The other day I asked Google what gives cryptos their value and found a very good explanation. It related it to fiat essentially. What gives the $ more value than the rest? It's the GDP of the holder, the US. The more goods and services are transacted with it and the more development around it the greater the value. Ripple is doing this with XRP through the IPL. It was designed/updated with XRP in mind. The ability to interact with any ledger and any protocol gives it the "above the rest" positioning needed to catapult XRP into the stratosphere. It's the fastest/cheapest bridge so economically it makes sense to use it. But I'm a pessimist too though.... Time will tell in the end whether Chris Larsen's dream of an internet of value will come true.

Hard to say, but until we see some major usage of XRP via FIs, or we have some major announcement of the likes of Amazon, Uber or the like, the supply walls XRP will have in the 1.25-3 range will be difficult to pass in the current market conditions.  Once we do, then I see 5-10/xrp .

I think that $5-10 is a very bullish target for EOY 2018.  I do think it is possible, nonetheless.

I am holding out for the latter.   True usage of XRP in a significant fashion may not be until 2019/2020.  Ripple is laying the tracks, and the XRP bullet trains will be following.

Edited by Excerpts

30 minutes ago, Ralphadayus said:

But this is exactly the pessimistic view I and many had about Bitcoin when it came out... Now look at it. And it has a fraction of the potential that Ripple and XRP have. We all have our opinions I guess. The other day I asked Google what gives cryptos their value and found a very good explanation. It related it to fiat essentially. What gives the $ more value than the rest? It's the GDP of the holder, the US. The more goods and services are transacted with it and the more development around it the greater the value. Ripple is doing this with XRP through the IPL. It was designed/updated with XRP in mind. The ability to interact with any ledger and any protocol gives it the "above the rest" positioning needed to catapult XRP into the stratosphere. It's the fastest/cheapest bridge so economically it makes sense to use it. But I'm a pessimist too though.... Time will tell in the end whether Chris Larsen's dream of an internet of value will come true.

Ripple as a company has proven to be very succesfull already. XRP has a lot of potential but im still waiting for offical announcements to proof that banks are gonna use xRapid.

1 hour ago, sven12345 said:

Ripple as a company has proven to be very succesfull already. XRP has a lot of potential but im still waiting for offical announcements to proof that banks are gonna use xRapid.

Yep, I get it. I'm sure there's many in the same boat. But the fact that so many are piloting is a great sign IMO... And on this note I really am baffled that the price per coin isn't higher because of it. 

2 hours ago, nicktemple said:

I wanted to bring this back up again, I feel some people are still not getting the true potential the XRP can have.

I mentioned in this post 1.2 quadrillion from derivatives, now look at could happen with Codius. 

Food for thought.

Yes, if crypto at large can capture 10% of the total investment market it would raise the market cap from $450 billon to 40-50 trillion. Ripple should be a dominate player in that 10%. Then, as you say, factor in Codius and how it can streamline the more leveraged and even bigger investments such as derivatives, one can see there is plenty of potential for XRP.

In addition, that is assuming that the investment market stays stagnant once crypto is fully integrated. The whole point of crypto is to streamline and grow the market. If the internet revolution turns out to be an accurate comparison then crypto will grow world markets exponentially. Forty-50 trillion in crypto could prove to be a small estimate in 5 years time.

Edited by VanGogh

15 minutes ago, VanGogh said:

Yes, if crypto at large can capture 10% of the total investment market it would raise the market cap from $450 billon to 40-50 trillion. Ripple should be a dominate player in that 10%. Then, as you say, factor in Codius and how it can streamline the more leveraged and even bigger investments such as derivatives, one can see there is plenty of potential for XRP.

In addition, that is assuming that the investment market stays stagnant once crypto is fully integrated. The whole point of crypto is to streamline and grow the market. If the internet revolution turns out to be an accurate comparison then crypto will grow world markets exponentially. Forty-50 trillion in crypto could prove to be a small estimate in 5 years time.

Nope - if this thing ever sees $3 again, it will be a miracle.  And only after a slow multi-year grind.

11 minutes ago, Captain_Marbles said:

Nope - if this thing ever sees $3 again, it will be a miracle.  And only after a slow multi-year grind.

Why do you think that? What specific metrics are you using to come to this conclusion?

Just now, Captain_Marbles said:

Always the same response.  Tell me - what metrics have served you well lately?

I’ve been learning some basic TA lately, which has served me quite well in the last few weeks. 

However I’d just like to know how exactly you’ve come to the conclusion that it would be a miracle for XRP to reach $3 this year? I’m not disagreeing with you or being confrontational. I’m genuinely curious. 

4 minutes ago, djdhrubs said:

I’ve been learning some basic TA lately, which has served me quite well in the last few weeks. 

However I’d just like to know how exactly you’ve come to the conclusion that it would be a miracle for XRP to reach $3 this year? I’m not disagreeing with you or being confrontational. I’m genuinely curious. 

I don't see a breakaway from Bitcoin anytime soon. However if the noise about institutional money is even half right, that might not be the case anymore. As always with crypto, toss the plate of linguine against the wall and see what sticks.

This prediction of $40 trillion in the crypto market should be filed under G

Edited by Captain_Marbles

23 minutes ago, Captain_Marbles said:

Another prediction........sigh. 

Does it never stop, all those wannabe prophets and fortunetellers at the local fair?  All for that 1 minute of fame? 

CRYPTO IS UNPREDICTABLE 

hard to accept apparantly.