Sign in to follow this  
Gesteiger

XRP Moon?

I don't feel the velocity of a Rocket here since a low price xrp is a bigger value for Ripple from the merchants of its use. Amazon in consideration would rather a customer pay 5 simple xrp over .00005 btc and since Ripple is out to appease the business world via simplicity and speed I don't see the rocket to btc like advances. Nothing would make me happier than $100 xrp but honestly, don't think it's where it's going. Ripple Net Protocol alone can provide services to customers without involving the xrp and they do. If faced with the decision to become more widely used via lower xrp price what you think will happen? I could see maybe $10 and hope I'm wrong but I'll also be invested in other, faster-gaining coins. Another poster brought up a good point as well with the FDIC and Banking Transactions of xrp, being considered legal tender. I don't like it either but that whats up. The Coinbase addon, hoping it happens, is what I believe is helped get us past the Dollar and somewhat built in. Short term all may appear like a rapid run but I'm not sure about that but I'm Hodling. Wait n see since it's doubtfully going back to .19 so I'm already golden.

5 hours ago, Gesteiger said:

a low price xrp is a bigger value for Ripple from the merchants of its use.

This is objectively wrong, and the reasons why have been stated many times on this forum (sometimes by @JoelKatz himself). A higher price is far more beneficial for liquidity and market stability. Additionally, Ripple is sitting on a war chest of XRP. A high XRP price is in their best interest. I'd suggest you do a little more research on XRP and its value proposition, because you make quite a few incorrect assumptions in your post.

Also, other "faster - gaining coins" - you do realize that ~6 months ago XRP cost half a cent, right? You do realize that, to be at a dollar now, we are sitting on gains of an almost unprecedented velocity?

Edited by DanB

I had a dream that ripple reached $14. Afterwards, I bought in.

Then again, it was a dream. I agree in your analysis that this recent increase in price might be due to false hope, and once reality sets in people might pull out.

Technologically, I do believe ripple can have a massive impact on the financial world. I deal in a business that is held back by the delayed bank deposits and this is a problem that has to be solved. I believe cross border transactions will greatly increase in the future.

You're looking at it the wrong way. Ripple isn't focusing on customers paying with XRP, whether that be on Amazon or at Starbucks. They're concerned with how banks/FI's/large companies move money around the world. And yes, go read what @JoelKatz has said about why a higher price for XRP is a great thing and why they are focused on that.

Oohhh boy , not again, sigh. A low price for XRP is better and banks don’t need XRP. 

Did you do any research at all on the forum? 

It’ s Christmas , so yeah, you’re right.  You do your thing and I’ll do mine. 

Happy holidays , we won’t see you at the $ 100 party then. :Laie_16:

I don't feel the velocity of a Rocket here since a low price xrp is a bigger value for Ripple from the merchants of its use.

I think it has been discussed many times here. Banks or big corporations want less volatility. A higher XRP price means less XRP would be used for a transaction, thus less impact on the XRP's market price. So a higher and a stable price is wanted for every party in this game: the investors, the corporations and Ripple. Maybe only the day traders would hate this.

32 minutes ago, xrpmoonboiz said:

You're looking at it the wrong way. Ripple isn't focusing on customers paying with XRP, whether that be on Amazon or at Starbucks. They're concerned with how banks/FI's/large companies move money around the world. And yes, go read what @JoelKatz has said about why a higher price for XRP is a great thing and why they are focused on that.

This. Probably the most glaring flaw in OP's "analysis."

XRP is not designed to buy a toothbrush on Amazon (although retail is a potential application down the line.) It is designed to facilitate the transfer of billions of dollars from one country to another. 

Think of it this way. Would you rather buy a coffee with 100 pennies or $1? Now apply that analogy to billions of dollars in float moving every day.

This post pisses me off. Imagine coming into a dedicated forum, doing absolutely no research, and having the stones to override community sentiment completely and blast a misinformed opinion as fact. Dunning-Kruger, anyone?

Edited by DanB

1 hour ago, Gesteiger said:

Another poster brought up a good point as well with the FDIC and Banking Transactions of xrp, being considered legal tender.

Are you referring to this post from yesterday?

If so I'm not sure how you conclude it's a "Good Point" considering it was soundly trounced by people a heck of a lot smarter than the two of us. Take a look at these links from that thread and maybe they will answer your questions.

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/cuallix-uses-ripple-cross-border-payments-u-s-mexico/

https://ripple.com/ripple_press/ripples-blockchain-network-now-100-strong/

.... Or wait till it hits $14 like the other guy to buy in, you'll probably still make a boatload of money.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, DanB said:

This post pisses me off. Imagine coming into a dedicated forum, doing absolutely no research, and having the stones to override community sentiment completely and blast a misinformed opinion as fact.

Spank him, spank him and Spank him again @DanB do it, do it, do it. I am behind you, if you get tired . . .  :dash1:

If you do not like Ripple and XRP, why are you here @Gesteiger ?
I can see 5 possible alternatives . . .

• You lack knowledge
  • You FUD because lack of knowledge
  • You FUD with a purpose. BAD!!!!
  • You are nervous and a first investor in XRP.
  • This alternative is not to be written, so I do not.

So WHO are you???

Most of these types of people won't even be around in 2 years. They will have lost their shirts investing in coins they do absolutely no research on. If they did do their research they would know the value proposition of XRP. 

To say you have been invested since .19 this means you have been around for a few months at least. If you still don't understand the vision, you have not done your research sir. 

This means you think you are smarter than the market and by stating that you are investing in "faster gaining coins" shows your ignorance to facts. As the market matures, you will inevitably fail while attempting to chase "fast gains". What we have experienced will not last forever as more intelligent money enters the space. 

My advice is do actual research and put yourself in position to benefit from real gains in the future. Don't try to outsmart the market because of false confidence achieved by gaining a few bucks here and there. Eventually real winners and losers will be defined as the crypto landscape shapes itself out. 

“Amazon in consideration would rather a customer pay 5 simple XRP over .00005 btc...”

I’m not sure if Amazon needs exact change for a transaction.. .  

I think what is exciting for Amazon or McDonalds or Apple, or Uber or Boeing (pick your business) is the idea of conducting thousands of transactions a second, reducing the amount of capital tied up in foreign accounts, and owning complete transparency and accountability for a fraction of a penny. That’s exciting. That’s worth an investment.  As companies, institutions, and governments realize the value add of Ripple’s infrastructure and corresponding digital asset,  trillions of XRP will be needed.  We just saw one financial institution purchase 0.9 Billion XRP which ignited the share price from .25 to over $1.00 in 3 days.  Ripple is just that today...a ripple....tomorrow a Tsunami..

Edited by ThinThread

Sign in to follow this