koool425

Banks won't use XRP... my 2 satoshis...

I'll probably get crucified for saying this because I know how many XRP fan boys there are on here and TO THE MOON you go and all but, honestly banks won't use XRP.  Someone has to play devils advocate here and that is me.  Banks may use the Ripple technology block chain platform but, they will not adopt XRP as fiat for remittance payment transfers simply because the Government is what is backing up our banking system.  That FDIC federal insurance you have when someone comments fraud on your bank account is tied in with big brother.   Ripple labs has a big hill to climb and the recent price boom is only because the Asian markets are buying like crazy over there.  Trust me I want XRP to skyrocket as much as any of you as I bought in when it was at .18 and .11 before but, looking at banks who are back by CENTRAL GOVERNMENT, unless the government says OK we fold, we will allow crypto-currency as legal tender, XRP has no shot in hell to shoot to the moon.  They are going after the financial sector which is up against the likes of VISA, Mastercard, and SWIFT!  To the moon is a pipes dream, maybe relocated across state lines or possibly east coast west coast move, you'll be lucky if they cross over to the Canadian border.  

Finally, I'd like to add that I have also bought Verge and TRONIX when it was at .0157 and Funfair at .05 cents USD.  I feel like these will have a better shot at going to the moon than XRP.  I waited all year just like you guys all did and what was the reward?  A measly 5x return when everything else has been so freaking hot.  Had I invested that same investment in NEO (my second option at the time), I wouldn't be here reading the boards all summer with you guys.  I would've bought a ticket to go to the moon already.  Yes I did my research and thinking Ripple/XRP had the best company, team, leadership, vision, mission out there and so I bought in.  Well I still kind of believe but, that isn't going to give me the biggest returns.  What's more all these so called partnerships aren't partnerships but, for banks or American Express to vet the technology and see what they can learn from Ripple.  No one has come forth yet and said we are going to use XRP or we are going with Ripple.  It's all talks.  Banks won't do it, they still have to answer to Big Brother.     

I will end up selling mines for a hefty profit but, I just don't think it will do as good as we were hoping it would do in the early days, you know what I mean.  Get out while the going is good or HODL if you believe.  This was my two satoshis...  

6 minutes ago, koool425 said:

"I'll probably get crucified for saying this because I know how many XRP fan boys there are on here."

Uhhhhh..... XRP trading and speculation forum / club... did you miss that part in the title? 

From what I've seen most of the folks on here are very civil and knowledgeable. You might want to consider peddling your goods somewhere else since some of us may not be so polite.

Edited by Sio2yH2O

Just now, RegalChicken said:

I'm glad to see these types of posts finally coming back so that we aren't stuck in 100% euphoria. This type of posts motivates me to buy more xrp. 

As far as it's moon shot goes, I've made 600% in the last month. So that's more than an average investment makes in what, like 27 years? 

Let me share a little sectret with you @RegalChicken
Pssst . . . I bought more Zerps today.
:beach:

ok valid points... all the points we all read and have known since forever now.  Remember I bought this XRP when it was cheap still... waited, waited, news, news, partnerships all being announced and where did it go to?  1 whole measly dollar?  Come on in the same time NEO shot up like a million thousand times to the moon percent and is sitting around 60 bucks, you got to be kidding me with this XRP stuff.  So popular why hasn't the price taken off yet?  You guys let me know???

7 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

I'm glad to see these types of posts finally coming back so that we aren't stuck in 100% euphoria. This type of posts motivates me to buy more xrp. 

As far as it's moon shot goes, I've made 600% in the last month. So that's more than an average investment makes in what, like 27 years? 

Solid thread started by someone with 0 posts 

Short term yes but, long term hold for another 2 to 3 years no.  I rather buy something else that has a better potential for mooning.

12 minutes ago, koool425 said:

honestly banks won't use XRP.

I didn't even read past this sentence. You clearly aren't paying attention. Did you not hear when SBI began testing xRapid through three of their banks a week or two ago? With plans to go live utilizing xRapid (XRP) in 2018 through all 61 of their banks?