Sign in to follow this  
squirrel

Fastest Way to buy XRP

Hi guys,

I'm creating this post with the hope that it gets stickied/pinned in the General Forum for a little while, because this is where I feel most of the newcomers lurk before joining the forum, and this might be useful for them.

I would like to preface this by saying that I am probably just like you. I view myself as tech savvy person, with a good tolerance for risk. I like innovation, I like to learn and where some see problems, I see challenges and opportunities. I like building things and I enjoyed seeing things being built by others. Like many of you here, I am come to crypto from another corner of the internet, in my case domain names is my thing. Like all of you here, XRP/RippleNet simply makes sense to me. I wanted to participate. I did my research and transferred liquidities to my chequing account in preparation of purchasing XRP.

I have been wanting to purchase my first XRP for over two weeks now. "Fastest Way to buy XRP" is exactly the type of thread title I would look for on r/ripple or here, hoping to get tips on how to acquire XRP asap. 

Being from Canada, I opened accounts at the following marketplaces : Coinsquare, Coinbase, GDAX, Bitstamp, Kraken, Gatehub and QuadrigaCX.

Like many newcomers who will read this thread in the next few weeks, my verification status is pending at all these places, or limitations apply to non US citizens.

Then I got impatient. For some, it's the profit that they can't make that irks them. For me, it was the thought that owning XRP could become a competitive advantage for certain dev projects in the future. Seeing that I would certainly own less XRP that I had initially imagined, I saw this future competitive advantage erode. I got impatient. 

I found someone who was willing to sell me XRP over the counter. I agree to a paypal deal. I got scammed out of xx,xxx USD.

If you find yourself in a similar position, impatiently looking for a way to get in, just pause. The ledger will still exist in two weeks. The community, the marketplaces, the hype will still exist too. A legitimate business will be waiting to sell you XRP in two weeks, that's a certainty. Just pause, spend time with your family, go out play hockey, cook a wonderful dinner and call the friends you haven't seen in a long time. All these things yield great returns too. :)

To make it clear : Paypal offers Buyer's protection for digital goods, but crypto currency is excluded from that in the fine prints. If you're unsure how to go about a certain transaction, ask for advice.

Remember, the first exposure you have to something quite often defines how you feel about it for a long time. Make sure your first XRP purchase is a smooth and safe transaction.

Cheers and happy holidays

I hope there is a way you can find that son of a ***** who cheated you out of your hard earned money.

Most likely the seller offered you a deal too good to be true, should always be skeptical in such a case.

Everything has its meaning and significance, in the long run you should be fine.

Edited by panmores

Its really frustrating. Been pending verification on various exchanges and I just can’t get any XRP. I am currently trading CFDs not to miss out and plan to acquire xrp as soon as I get verified somewhere. The only platform I got verified is Coinbase, but their network exchange fees are ridiculous (30 eur on a transfer of 100 eur worth of bitcoin.) And Gdax I am not getting verified because I am Dutch and living Germany, so the verification process fails.

Really frustrating this.

i'm new and a noob when it comes to crypto coins, but i do follow the prices daily for some time now, and i see that xrp stood still for

a long time on about 27 cents, but the last 2 weeks it went al the way up to 1,18 dollar, so as soon christmas is over, i'm going to call

a guy who repairs computers and has also a wallet and some coins on it, so he know's how to, so when anyone has some good advice

then please tell me, because i want to start with investing 1000 euro's in ripples, so the sooner i can buy some, the better because

the vallue is going up while i type this, so time is money and the time keeps on ticking, so i'm loosing money already because i don't

own any riples yet. And excuse me my probaly not perfect english, because i'm from holland europe.

@squirrel Wow, nice post there. Sorry to hear that you were scammed from some lowlife. Suggest you change the title of the topic slightly as i clicked on thinking that it was a tutorial explaining the fastest way to buy XRP. This is quite a relevant topic at the moment with all the exchanges suffering from backlogs with new account verifications. There are other topics which do explain in detail how to purchase XRP quickly at this time.

Anyway, welcome to the forum :), you'll discover that we have a great community here with some very experienced and knowledgable folks who are more than happy to share, inform and educate when and where needed.

On 23-12-2017 at 5:17 PM, DQA said:

Its really frustrating. Been pending verification on various exchanges and I just can’t get any XRP. I am currently trading CFDs not to miss out and plan to acquire xrp as soon as I get verified somewhere. The only platform I got verified is Coinbase, but their network exchange fees are ridiculous (30 eur on a transfer of 100 eur worth of bitcoin.) And Gdax I am not getting verified because I am Dutch and living Germany, so the verification process fails.

Really frustrating this.

May be I'm tat late to the thread but I'm also Dutch and living in Germany. I have both Dutch and German bank accounts. Since you live in Germany you'll need a German bank account for registering on most of the exchanges.

Fidor bank is a very good bank that uses ripple! The best thing is that opening an account is pretty much free of costs!

Good luck! 

I've been waiting on gatehub verification since 11/10/2017. No customer service, just form replies. The not knowing if there is a problem or if they are just too backlogged is frustrating.

For me it's not so much the not knowing, it's the fairly high price to get started and I'm starting to wonder if I'll still be able to afford it. I'm not wealthy (never was) and 20XRP is starting to sound like a lot to throw into the abyss to get started. I should add: I'm currently trying to make more out of my life, so I went back to school and I'm essentially living on **** all. My initial investment would be around €100 (already including the required 20XRP) and maybe €20/month if things seem to work out. So I've been essentially looking for a faff-free way to get some, but that seems to be pretty much not possible.

This probably does sound a bit pathetic but I'd like to give it a shot. I remember Bitcoin from when one cost around $30. "How much higher can it go?", "What will I do with Bitcoins once I got them?" and "Will I be throwing money out of the window?" were very common questions that tortured me. I'm not mad at myself for not investing because it was the reasonable thing to do, but it still irks me. I'd be sad to miss more opportunities.

I know about eBay but the prices are just ridiculous. If anyone know a better way I'm happy to hear about it. I'm also living in Germany, by the way.

5 minutes ago, Skrymir said:

For me it's not so much the not knowing, it's the fairly high price to get started and I'm starting to wonder if I'll still be able to afford it. I'm not wealthy (never was) and 20XRP is starting to sound like a lot to throw into the abyss to get started. I should add: I'm currently trying to make more out of my life, so I went back to school and I'm essentially living on **** all. My initial investment would be around €100 (already including the required 20XRP) and maybe €20/month if things seem to work out. So I've been essentially looking for a faff-free way to get some, but that seems to be pretty much not possible.

This probably does sound a bit pathetic but I'd like to give it a shot. I remember Bitcoin from when one cost around $30. "How much higher can it go?", "What will I do with Bitcoins once I got them?" and "Will I be throwing money out of the window?" were very common questions that tortured me. I'm not mad at myself for not investing because it was the reasonable thing to do, but it still irks me. I'd be sad to miss more opportunities.

I know about eBay but the prices are just ridiculous. If anyone know a better way I'm happy to hear about it. I'm also living in Germany, by the way.

I think youre better off going into a coin that's sub 1$ at this point to give you a better position in stake.

Like Dogecoin? :P I understand what you are saying and I'm sure you can tell by my comment that it's been on my mind too. The thing is: Trust is a factor here. I'm somewhat happy to trust XRP because it's probably not going to die on me from one day to the next, but I wouldn't give that same trust to younger currencies. I had an eye on Bitcoin and lately a little on Ethereum and Ripple, but I'm not even sure what to look for in a smaller currency. I'm quite surprised that Ripple and Ethereum have made it this far to be honest. Well, what's the current minimum one should start out with at the moment, regarding Ripple?

Hi thanks for all of the posts. Sorry to hear about the scam experience. Have been trying to buy ripple and avoid being scammed. I am a new to this.    I have bought  ethereum on Coinbase, but now am trying to find an exchange I can use to buy ripple. I am in the  US, New York ( turns out some exchanges like Shapeshift can’t deal with NY ) and  looking for an exchange I can buy ripple with ethereum coins and later some day cash out in USD  any thoughts anyone ?

i was going to use Bitsane but it looks like you can not deposit or withdraw USD or euros, so how can someone cash out when they want ? Do they Have to transfer the ripple coins back to a place like Coinbase ? Lose more fees and then get the actual cash in hand 

thanks for any help   I am spending days trying to do find the right crypto exchange and eventually have it give me USD when I sell it long time from now, meanwhile ripple keeps going up and up ! I find this so frustrating ! Thanks again ! 

t

I need help about where  to buy ripple fast and have it be able to sold months from  now in USD . I have spent hours trying to find a crypto exchange to even buy ripple with the ethereum I bought on Coinbase and be able to seek it for USD 

Any ideas. ? I am in the New York in the US ( Can’t use Shapeshift in NY). And when I want to be able to sell Ripple to USD. Can one even do that on a crypto to crypto exchange or do you have to transfer the Ripple back to Coinbase to get any USD when wants to sell ( for me won’t be for a long time, when it has gone way up .. $100 and more ! ?. ) thanks