Great post @Hodor.

I do have some concern with equating market price with the price Ripple makes off it's sales. Not saying they couldn't benefit from raising market rates, but what the recent court case against R3 shows is that Ripple sometimes makes long term sales at discount. I see this typical of all OTC and large position sell offs, there is a reduced sale price to better protect liquidity value.

Now I know you mentioned Ripples open market selling of .2% which does benefit from price, but I see the time coming that there will be a furthering spit between what is becoming a more speculation fueled market of XRP (and just XRP) hosted on exchanges off rledger vs the practical secondary (or first?) market of OTCs based on XRP and ripple tech.

While speculation can fuel markets to astronomical heights based on nothing more than a rumor they will always self correct, in this case XRP has a built in realism-expectation-bottom backed by those buying OTCs. Even with lock ups and the same desire to maximize profits they still have different expectations of XRP than moon chasers. This can temper moon shoot rallies, but also protect against sudden market overturns, I can think of no other crypto protected thus with the exception of BTC (with real investment houses involved). The coming few years will interesting

14 minutes ago, Hodor said:

It's time. We are going to take over #1 in 2018.Don't believe me? You think it's hyperbole? Read my blog post and decide for yourself if my logic makes sense. I chart the path that I think is actually most likely for 2018, and it may lead to some surprises in crypto by year-end.:victory:

Hope you enjoy the read!  Please leave all comments below.

Feel free to share my blog on any other media & thank you for doing so! :thank_you2: NOTE: You can re-print on FB or other media as long as you give me credit (Hodor) somewhere at the beginning or end. 

Blog announcements on other media:

I would not be surprised if Ripple XRP took over number one spot in market cap.

I have heard a lot of people say it will reach $1,000 next year.  I think that is a bit of an unrealistic prediction, although in years to come it may well reach that sort of level when many of the other cryptocurrencies have faded away to nothing.  I know there is a LOT of new money coming in right now and there will be major movements by major institutions etc in the future but I eel that to reach $1,000 it would have to have a vast move away from current situation.  What I mean by this is that I think many of the first generation cryptos would have to drop down a significant amount. 

I think maybe the Bitcoin romance is weakening and the drop in it is the first look at what is to come over the next few months.  I know all cryptos have gone down last two days but I think Bitcoin may struggle to recover as people basically are looking at "the next Bitcoin" as in the next Crypto that will boom. 

XRP in my view seems to promote itself differently to most of the others, there seems a clear goal and direction and also they themselves have the attitude that they are a long term project with goals and implementation of actual use in the real world at the heart of their vision. Also, its much quicker at processing transactions than the rest, the rest including ones that have a massive market cap compared to Ripple - so there is an imbalance in the whole market currently which 2018 may well correct.  This dip in the market before this Christmas in my view is the first faze of the whole market re-directing away from pump and dump and hype towards actual future functionality based investing!

Anyway, what I really feel I'd like to discuss is what is the timeline in your opinion realistically for $10 price for XRP? ... and once it is reached is $100 close to follow in a few months due to the momentum?

Thanks

Owen

P.S - merry Christmas every one

"This is a point that Brad Garlinghouse emphasizes with consistency.  The core difference that sets XRP apart from almost all other choices is the power of its business use case; payments."

Great Article - thanks.

Attention drives Usage drives Adoption.

XRP is the currency of the 21st century.

Love this:

"It’s time to allow XRP to rise to the spot that the market decides.  Where will it all end?  What will the crypto landscape look like once SBI and Ripple have progressed and implemented the next phases of various business plans?  Ripple – and SBI – do not stand still; they lead from the front, and soon all other crypto currency choices will fall within their wake"

Edited by Guest

Very interesting read - thank you.

I almost think the 'correction' today (though horrendous to sit through :(), will serve us very well going forward...all of the bad money is out of many other cryptos and should hopefully those who can actually see the value in XRP and its real-world uses will invest in near to mid-term future.

P.S. it says newbie but i've been invested in XRP for a number of months and have followed the forum for equally as long...great community

Edited by icamera23

30 minutes ago, Mercury said:

Great post @Hodor.

I do have some concern with equating market price with the price Ripple makes off it's sales. Not saying they couldn't benefit from raising market rates, but what the recent court case against R3 shows is that Ripple sometimes makes long term sales at discount. I see this typical of all OTC and large position sell offs, there is a reduced sale price to better protect liquidity value.

Now I know you mentioned Ripples open market selling of .2% which does benefit from price, but I see the time coming that there will be a furthering spit between what is becoming a more speculation fueled market of XRP (and just XRP) hosted on exchanges off rledger vs the practical secondary (or first?) market of OTCs based on XRP and ripple tech.

While speculation can fuel markets to astronomical heights based on nothing more than a rumor they will always self correct, in this case XRP has a built in realism-expectation-bottom backed by those buying OTCs. Even with lock ups and the same desire to maximize profits they still have different expectations of XRP than moon chasers. This can temper moon shoot rallies, but also protect against sudden market overturns, I can think of no other crypto protected thus with the exception of BTC (with real investment houses involved). The coming few years will interesting

Wow.  Way to school me on the analysis @Mercury:yes3:

You are correct - for purposes of the present post, I did NOT talk about institutional investor sales.  The reason is that I think Ripple will end them. 

While they had previously looked for institutional sales like R3, that was well before even the April 2017 rally.  The R3 sale you mention took place in 2016.  Since then, there has been precisely -0- sales on that scale that we know of, and the escrow amounts seem to support this statement. 

The reason I think Ripple will taper down and ultimately end direct sales to institutional investors is precisely because of the dampening effect you pointed out.  You are correct IMO about this effect.  In one of the recent videos, Miguel Vias explained that xRapid will include going straight to exchanges for liquidity.  Or are you agreeing with this point and just making a *different* point? 

47 minutes ago, Hodor said:

It's time. We are going to take over #1 in 2018.Don't believe me? You think it's hyperbole? Read my blog post and decide for yourself if my logic makes sense. I chart the path that I think is actually most likely for 2018, and it may lead to some surprises in crypto by year-end.:victory:

Hope you enjoy the read!  Please leave all comments below.

Feel free to share my blog on any other media & thank you for doing so! :thank_you2: NOTE: You can re-print on FB or other media as long as you give me credit (Hodor) somewhere at the beginning or end. 

Blog announcements on other media:

Great article man, GOOD JOB! :good:

2 minutes ago, icamera23 said:

Very interesting read - thank you.

I almost think the 'correction' today (though horrendous to sit through :(), will serve us very well going forward...all of the bad money is out of many other cryptos and should hopefully those who can actually see the value in XRP and its real-world uses will invest in near to mid-term future.

P.S. it says newbie but i've been invested in XRP for a number of months and have followed the forum for equally as long...great community

Wish I had gotten into it sooner - I only now have been able to get exchange accounts opened but am having trouble transfering ETH Ethereum from Coinbase to Gatehub - any idea why Gatehub wont update the wallet even though Coinbase have sent the ETH and also it shows as having arrived on Etherscan?

Do you know of any exchanges or websites that allow you to but Ripple XRP via card and just send it straight to your XRP Wallet?

Thanks  - merry Christmas.

Great reading as always, Hodor. Are you starting to understand why I’m such a fan of you? :spinlol:

The number 1 spot on market cap is just a matter of time, there is no serious competition. Many will argue but this could be the beginning of the end of bitcoin.