Deleted Wallet

Serk03

Hi All
I have deleted the default wallet on Gatehub which contained the 20XRP given by Gatehub. In addition to there was BTC that i had been waiting for to be transfered into that wallet which was issued on 21.12.17 over 21 hours from my Coinomi wallet and was still waiting. I have the transaction id, and the wallet address for this transaction. Could the funds be recovered to my new wallet on the same account ? I really would appreciate the help on this matter.

thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have the secret key for your default wallet then you can easily get it back by importing it (Add wallet --> Import). The secret key would have been available for you to make a copy of under the "Advanced" section of your wallet before you deleted it.

If you don't have the secret key, then there's no way of getting the wallet back. You could ask Gatehub if they still have a record of it. I don't know if they might keep it for a while after you delete it. I would hope that they wouldn't keep it, because when you tell Gatehub to delete your wallet, you are effectively telling them "forget my secret key".

If you've made a BTC transaction to Gatehub, but they still haven't got around to crediting the BTC to your deleted wallet, then if you tell them quickly enough they might be able to cancel the issuing of BTC to that wallet and deposit them to another wallet instead. Maybe. Otherwise you've lost the BTC as well I'm afraid.

@at3n What if I am in the same boat as OP, save for the fact that I did not have my BTC trustline on? Do you think there is a chance they can credit the BTC to a different Gatehub wallet, seeing as how it isn't stuck in a wallet where the secret key is lost? The deleted BTC wallet is empty, I can see on block explorer

Edited by timckle

@timckle I'd say that you have a good chance of redeeming your BTC eventually, but of course it's up to Gatehub.

Becase you don't have a trust line set, you're safe in as much as it's technically impossible for Gatehub to send BTC IOUs to the deleted wallet, which means that they still owe them to you.

But in the end it's down to their terms and conditions and policies as to what actually happens. In any case it will probably take quite a long time to resolve given Gatehub's delays at the moment.

One thing though, you reference a deleted BTC wallet - presumably you mean the BTC address that you sent your BTC to? FYI, Gatehub will always empty that wallet after receiving a deposit, the fact that it's empty is not relevant to whether your associated Ripple wallet was deleted, or the amount of BTC IOUs in your Ripple wallet. You should be able to see your BTC transaction coming into that BTC wallet and then going out again. That indicates that Gatehub received your BTC deposit. The next step for them would be to issue BTC IOUs to your Ripple wallet, but that would fail if there is no trust line. So your deposit is stuck in limbo, and hopefully Gatehub will assist by issuing the BTC IOUs to another Ripple wallet of your choice, when you ask them to.

Best of luck!