When ripple dumps 1bil xrp into circulation every month...

I dont beleave the whole 1 billion will be released to the Market. It will be released to ripple who will use what they need selling to banks etc etc. Then what they do not sell will be put back in to escrow. I thi k I remember them saying in one of the QnA session they don't for see them using that much per month at the moment

They won't necessarily go into circulation. It only means that Ripple has them at their disposal during that month. They could sell them to whoever is willing to pay or they could hold them and put back into escrow.

The escrow only guarantees thay Ripple can't sell more than 1 bil of XRP in a short timeframe. Although they could sell 1 bil the last day of current month and then sell another 1 bil on the first day they get the next escrowed XRP.

To be fair - if there's enough demand for 1 bil XRP/month sold by Ripple, we should only be happy - adoption by that time should be significantly higher than it is now.

35 minutes ago, 1todd960 said:

I just hate the word 'dump'.   XRP will be used for incentives to market makers who offer tighter spreads for payments and selling XRP to institutional investors.

hahaha i like the way XRP believes in fairy tales :P look at the book orders that is the truth 

You guys need to do your research a bit further. I've discussed the escrow and monthly release of xrp so many times. 

For one, ripple labs has a history of only selling about 300 million xrp per month back into circulation. 

The unsold portion each month goes back into escrow and adds a month to the length of escrow existence. 

So historically this would mean we add 700million xrp to month 56 of escrow. 

However xrp is now worth 600% what it was a month ago. 

So ripple could achieve the same amount of capital by selling only about 60-70 million xrp into circulation, thus locking down 900 million+ into month 56+...etc etc 

People who think that ripple is so greedy and short sighted to destroy their own market place with a flood of xrp should not be investing in this asset. 

11 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

You guys need to do your research a bit further. I've discussed the escrow and monthly release of xrp so many times. 

For one, ripple labs has a history of only selling about 300 million xrp per month back into circulation. 

The unsold portion each month goes back into escrow and adds a month to the length of escrow existence. 

So historically this would mean we add 700million xrp to month 56 of escrow. 

However xrp is now worth 600% what it was a month ago. 

So ripple could achieve the same amount of capital by selling only about 60-70 million xrp into circulation, thus locking down 900 million+ into month 56+...etc etc 

People who think that ripple is so greedy and short sighted to destroy their own market place with a flood of xrp should not be investing in this asset. 

I think you are right but missed a couple of things.

1. Ripple only sells to customers/clients (banks, institutional investors and corporations), not to you and me.
  2. Any XRP that Ripple sells to the aforementioned will have restrictions. The buyers can't use that XRP for a certain period, at least not dump it on the open market.

At least this way it has been earlier. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by RippleEvangelist